Icelandic Banks

Balti

So wtf was all this money doing in Icelandic banks? Was it an 'off-shore haven' where interest was paid tax free or summat.

And how come when our public services are diminishing by the day all this public money (our feckin money) is tied up in foreign banks earning interest (who/what for?) rather than being spent on public feckin services like it should be??? Where's the outcry?

How come these charities have got millions invested in friggin Iceland earning interest (who/ what for?) instead of spending the money on cats/lepers/ cancer victims etc like it friggin well should be spent as after all that's why we give them the bleedin money in the fookin first place????? Again where's the outcry??!!

Summat aint right. We are being lied to and shafted. Why should we Brits pay for any foreign bank shortcomings out of the public purse when ITS OUR FUCKIN MONEY ANYWAY. Why should we pay for it twice????!!?!!!

Rant over.

So you'd have no contingency monies held by local authorites then. What would you have had Hull do last year when the floods meant they had to house 9000 families for 6 months?

you write as if you think British banks are superior. Last year an international report had the UK banks 44th safest in the world, behind, believe it or not, Colombian and Venezualan banks, and , you've guessed it, Icelandic banks!

They are all just greed fuckers, they think they are financially astute but they are greedy.

I hope none of them get there money back, anybody who has their money in an off-shore high interest account knew they were taking some risk why should we the tax payer bail them out.

Put your money in a big bank or the post office.

These banks were offering interest rates to good to be true and guess what that's what it was.

The government should regulate all this much more tightly, the uncontrolled free market hasn't worked.

The whole system, structure and rules of the money markets has to change.

Shareholders what higher and higher returns, push companies to take risks or expand too quickly and this is what happens.

Too many people were greedy on buy-to-let, the banks, the builders the small time buyers. Building and buying houses across the world we didn't need or could afford.

The governments should be seizing the assets of some of the major players whose actions over the last 15 years has caused this. If taxation has to increase let be on the people and companies that have made billions of profit gambling in this way.

Money = Debt...without Debt there cannot be money check this out
<a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2583451279</a>

denislawsbackheel said:
you write as if you think British banks are superior. Last year an international report had the UK banks 44th safest in the world, behind, believe it or not, Colombian and Venezualan banks, and , you've guessed it, Icelandic banks!

Investments in British banks are protected by law are they not? Icelandic obviously are not.

denislawsbackheel said:

Forgive me, but I'm not concerned with the private investor part of this equation. What I find exceeding ironic(or moronic. Take your pick!) is that some councils, yes British councils, stored their money in Icelandic banks(if I remember the info correctly!).

Councils, are... well, government backed/ funded, so... essentially storing government money abroad. Which, if this IS correct, means that some government funded councils(and basically the government) don't trust British banks...

Hmmm...

Have I got that screwed up somewhere along the line...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.