If Dani Alves joined City, would he be starting over Kyle Walker?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SambaStyle, 6 Nov 2017.

1. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    Fab has been a revelation at left-back.

I - like most Blues, I’m sure - have been really impressed with how well he has slotted in to the rôle; he’s playing as if he’d been there his whole career.

Playing as well as any left-back in the Premier League this season?

2. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Alves is over the hill. He was once great but it would be a mistake to sign him. Isco destroyed him in the Cl final.

3. citytill1die84

citytill1die84

"I Swear you'll never see anything like this ever
    Glad he didn't join.

4. Jesus Cheekbone

Jesus Cheekbone

No, but he'd play his share.

Regarding Delph, he offers us very good defensive left back option but let's not go over the line he's nowhere near modern fullbacks as he doesn't bring absolutely anything in attack. Luckily, we have a proper, proper, proper left wing who more than balance that deficiency we currently have. And maybe it's even better, when Mendy got injured anyway, as I wasn't really bought into Mendy's defensive qualities in those few games he played, maybe it's better that we had some more defensive option on that side. We'd surely score more goals with Mendy but being bit more stable at back was probably good foundation to install fear into everyone with our attacking options, so it was maybe a blessing in disguise for anyone apart Mendy.

5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I thought that we only recruited talented players who loved their neighbours and were the apple of their mothers' eyes? We've had our fair share of twats and I thought we'd seen the back of the last one. (no names, no pack drill!)

6. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Anyone else see Alves recently claim he still wants to play in the Premier League one day? Really bizarre and implies he's probably going to do another runner after a year at PSG and wind up at Everton or West Ham.

7. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Maybe he'd start ahead of Walker - but, IMO, we've dodged a bullet with Alves joining PSG and disrupting team chemistry there as opposed to screwing up our locker room.