IF Hughes Goes Will Cook Go As Well ?

I sincerely hope not, Garry Cook is one of the best things to happen to this club in recent years. Listen to the interviews, he speaks a lot of sense, and sounds genuinely passionate about the club. We seem to be moving in all the right directions off the pitch, and a lot of that's down to him. Dare i say he's done more in his short time here than he predecessor did in his whole term? I really like the guy.

schtipps said:
Corky said:
He was just a brand manager, not exactly Thaksin or even Franny Lee. He did not exactly start Nike did he, just a mere employee.

Never heard of Micheal Jordan, is he Irish?

Take a chill pill Corky, whats your gripe man. I'm merely saying that the ability to be a manager is not just restricted to one particular area, its a skill, and those who are successful can probably employ it in others aswell. If anything it's a bonus because the guy knows how to market his shit aswell as being able to run a football club.

Are you on about Hughes?

cyberblue said:
moomba said:
I'm not convinced that one is tied to the other.
I was not untill today . I just cant believe experinced buisness people like our Owners will tolerate this situation any longer & as Hughes was apointed by Cook & Cook is Singing his praises .I think it will be a clean sweep

To be honest I would expect Cook to be singing his praises whether he was our long term manager, or he was getting sacked tomorrow. Sad, but thats the world we live in now, honesty is a very rare commodity.

Corky said:
schtipps said:
Take a chill pill Corky, whats your gripe man. I'm merely saying that the ability to be a manager is not just restricted to one particular area, its a skill, and those who are successful can probably employ it in others aswell. If anything it's a bonus because the guy knows how to market his shit aswell as being able to run a football club.

Are you on about Hughes?

No Corky, im on about Garry Cook. I believe that Garry Cook has little to do with the running of the team, MH makes the decisions but his "training team" are the people who influence the team on a day to day basis. MH can be compared to a headmaster when you were at school, he pulls the strings and makes the team selection but relies on his team to deliver on the training ground and basis's his opinion on theirs, if you have to see him, your in the shit.

I don't think Garry Cook will have much contact with the team on a day to day basis and rightly so in my opinion of him as an executive.

Regarding MH, a good manager has to have some distance from the players if he is a decision maker.

schtipps said:
I think you'll be eating those words in a few months.

I think that they are both building respect for each other atm. Cook has shown Hughes that he trusts him, its only a matter of time before that respect filters down to the players and we will have a real team on our hands.

The counterview to that is Cook is placing a lot of faith in his decision or at least that is how he protrayed it in the media to appoint the quote " best young manager in the premiership " and naturally he wants to do everything he can to ensure that Hughes is given as much time as possible to help vindicate his belief.

Both arguments carry equal weight IMO buy I suspect if Hughes goes sooner than later Cook will not be too far behind him.

Cook seems good on spin but I have seen little else to indicate to date he can become a first class CEO in the strange world of Premiership Football that doesn't always follow to formula for success in the real business world.

I could be wrong but if he was to be given his marching orders as well I don't think he will stay in Premiership Football.

In saying all that I am sure he wants success for the Club and has big plans for the club particularly under the current ownership but again he will ride or fall on the results of the team by and large.

Kevcod said:
I'd like to hear whats going on at my club from the Manager, other than some office boy who should be concentrating on doing his job, rather than being a media darling.
That so-called "office boy" is the Executive Chairman of our football club. He has every right to speak to the media about the club's current plight and he's also very good at it, so why not?

If Hughes was wheeled out to bore us all to death with his uninsightful, monotone durge, you'd complain. So instead, they wheel out a man with excellent PR and communication skills, and you still complain.

Rumours are rife that the manager is on the verge of being sacked. I find it unbelievable that you think the Exceutive Chairman shouldn't come out and comment on the matter. It's very much part of his job.

Good they can both go as I'm concerned Cook to me is getting a lot of money and what exacly odes he do apart from the clubs mouth piece.

i honestly believe in both cook and hughes. i dont think we could get anyone better right now.
we are dropping points but some of the movement and passing in our play has been fantastic, mix that with a bit of steel he had at blackburn and we'll fly up that table.
cook is no lemon. listen to him spread calm over the place, never ruffled.a skilful man.

scottyboi said:
cyberblue said:
I think the only reason Hughes is Still hear is because Cook is Sticking up for him .I think the Owners will soon lose patience with the pair of them

you on a downer or something? i know a few big bridges if you want..................

Where about i am depressed about the whole situation we are a fucking laughing stock?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.