IF hughes was to go

Matty said:
brass neck said:
I hope he doesnt because I think he will come good, given time.
When has that ever happened? Apart from Ferige, when has a manager ever gone from struggling in the role to winning major honours (which is the aim of ADUG)? It doesn't happen. If you struggle, and in our case struggle badly with a pretty decent squad, then you don't turn it around. All this calling for Hughes to be "given time" is just delaying his inevitable sacking. He's not up to the job, he'll never be up to the job, the sooner people realise this and we're shot of him the better.

Did I write this? Agree 100%

brass neck said:
I hope he doesnt because I think he will come good, given time.

But on GMR they were talking about potential replacement managers if the frankly and sadly fairly inevitable was to happen. You had the normal names mentioned like Mourinio, and Sven etc.

You had a few GOONS mentioning Pearce and even Peter Fuckin Reid!!!!!!!

One name I didnt hear mentioned was Kevin Keegan!!!!
Now at first thought a craaaaaaaazy idea I know, yes he does have a propensity to walk out, yes he is defensively poor, yes he would be a backwards step...BUT I got thinking, if we needed a stop gap ala Jo Kinnear at Newcastle and see how it goes from there, what would his strong points be?

Can manager big name players
Can attract big name players
Can play attacking football like the owners apparently want
Would get Robhinio playing like he got Peter Beardsley playing
Would be MORE than happy to spend the owners cash
Would consistently have us in Europe (for the first few legs)
Wouldn't get anywhere near the relegation zone
Would come at the drop of a cash laden hat!!!!!
Knows the club/area
Available

Personally I know it would a rollercoaster ride but I wouldnt mind betting we would play some wonderful football again under him. He would fill the stadium and he would enjoy the thought of spending lots of someone else's money!!!!!

You are insane. No no no no no no no no no no no

Chippy_boy said:
Matty said:
When has that ever happened? Apart from Ferige, when has a manager ever gone from struggling in the role to winning major honours (which is the aim of ADUG)? It doesn't happen. If you struggle, and in our case struggle badly with a pretty decent squad, then you don't turn it around. All this calling for Hughes to be "given time" is just delaying his inevitable sacking. He's not up to the job, he'll never be up to the job, the sooner people realise this and we're shot of him the better.

Did I write this? Agree 100%
Well..I do agree that managers have traditionally had little time, BUT half a season!!!!! Surely he needs a decent crack of the whip, a chance to create a team in his image, he has introduced a few of players into the team,two play every week and are OK, one we haven't heard of since and he has had one forced upon him who is gash. It just doesnt seem fair to me, he deserved a full season at least IMO.

colMCFC said:
altheblue said:
If we get rid of hughes which i dont want , bringing in the likes of frank rijkard what will that do to our academy . Ive not heard anyone mention this once , hughes has stated his intentions with the team in future to bring academy players into the team with big name stars . You get a mourinhio or foreign manager they will just buy and buy superstars . Thats my opinion

look at what rijkaard did at barca, he took a team low on confidence and turned them round quickly into a title winning side and brought players through the youth system and he's not currently in a job (i think)

Rijkaard struggled big time at first. I wouldn't complain if we got him in nw, he'd be able to attract top players that's for sure. We can't be sure whether eh'll be suited to the prem though and we'll have more options of managers to choose from come the end of the season

lhlfh.gif

brass neck said:
Well..I do agree that managers have traditionally had little time, BUT half a season!!!!! Surely he needs a decent crack of the whip, a chance to create a team in his image, he has introduced a few of players into the team,two play every week and are OK, one we haven't heard of since and he has had one forced upon him who is gash. It just doesnt seem fair to me, he deserved a full season at least IMO.

Even if it means us being relegated?

How long would you leave it before you said "oh shit - we really are going down" and then decided to boot him out? How long would you give a new manager to try to save us?

This is a serious question. Blackburn got rid of Ince not because they thought he was crap, but because they realised that if they were going to replace him, they'd better give the new guy a decent chance of saving them. No use sacking Ince after say 35 games when all hope is lost.

Chippy_boy said:
brass neck said:

Even if it means us being relegated?

How long would you leave it before you said "oh shit - we really are going down" and then decided to boot him out? How long would you give a new manager to try to save us.

IMO It'd depend on the next few results. I don't think it's time to panic too much just yet, but if we're still in the relegation by mid to the end of Jan, then he'd have to go. I am just hopeful we'll be able to get Mourinho at the end of the season and that would be worth suffering MH til the end of the season, but there's no chance Mourinho would move now

Chippy_boy said:
[Even if it means us being relegated?

How long would you leave it before you said "oh shit - we really are going down" and then decided to boot him out? How long would you give a new manager to try to save us?

This is a serious question. Blackburn got rid of Ince not because they thought he was crap, but because they realised that if they were going to replace him, they'd better give the new guy a decent chance of saving them. No use sacking Ince after say 35 games when all hope is lost.

Well while we are two wins from top half of the table, I dont see a imminent problem, Ince was sacked because he wasnt getting results at all and he didnt have a C.V which included premiership experience, Hughes is getting the occasional result and has a bloody good C.V.

Would you take 8th in the league right now?

2 wins and we could easly be there.

The problem is that we don't look like we're capable of getting 2 wins, what with MH insisting on playing people out of position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.