IF hughes was to go

Actually the thought of KingKev with unlimited pots of cash available to him is quite an exciting one!! He'd bring passion, personality and the feel-good factor too. Bearing in mind he only got peed off with us cos the money dried up and we became a selling club. Is Hughes better than KK? I don't think so.

Balti said:
Actually the thought of KingKev with unlimited pots of cash available to him is quite an exciting one!! He'd bring passion, personality and the feel-good factor too. Bearing in mind he only got peed off with us cos the money dried up and we became a selling club. Is Hughes better than KK? I don't think so.
I have to say I agree 100% he did OK with little money and he did amazing things with lots of it, I still say Newcastle in there pomp under KK played some of the best football I have seen. The football City played under him was also exceptional when things were on the up. I have to say the premiership is crying out for Keegans style of football, all this one up front shit bores the life out of me!!! But while 90% of the premiership do it the rest of us have to.

The Fat el Hombre said:
King Kev? You lot are joking, aren't you?
I know its easy to say that but can you imagine what KK may be capeable of if he was given what he always wanted........a endless supply of cash............come on...........you know you wanna!!!!!!!! for starters, we wouldnt have robhinio on the wing would we!!!!

Matty said:
brass neck said:
I hope he doesnt because I think he will come good, given time.
When has that ever happened? Apart from Ferige, when has a manager ever gone from struggling in the role to winning major honours (which is the aim of ADUG)? It doesn't happen. If you struggle, and in our case struggle badly with a pretty decent squad, then you don't turn it around. All this calling for Hughes to be "given time" is just delaying his inevitable sacking. He's not up to the job, he'll never be up to the job, the sooner people realise this and we're shot of him the better.

Moyes and Southgate have been relatively sucessful given time.

brass neck said:
Chippy_boy said:
[Even if it means us being relegated?

How long would you leave it before you said "oh shit - we really are going down" and then decided to boot him out? How long would you give a new manager to try to save us?

This is a serious question. Blackburn got rid of Ince not because they thought he was crap, but because they realised that if they were going to replace him, they'd better give the new guy a decent chance of saving them. No use sacking Ince after say 35 games when all hope is lost.

Well while we are two wins from top half of the table, I dont see a imminent problem, Ince was sacked because he wasnt getting results at all and he didnt have a C.V which included premiership experience, Hughes is getting the occasional result and has a bloody good C.V.

Would you take 8th in the league right now?

2 wins and we could easly be there.

We are not 2 wins off 8th place. We are 6 points behind 8th place. The ten teams between us and 8th cannot all loose the next 2 games.

brass neck said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I know its easy to say that but can you imagine what KK may be capeable of if he was given what he always wanted........a endless supply of cash............come on...........you know you wanna!!!!!!!!

Exactly! He'd be like a kid in a sweet shop!! What a ride that would be ;-)

brass neck said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I know its easy to say that but can you imagine what KK may be capeable of if he was given what he always wanted........a endless supply of cash............come on...........you know you wanna!!!!!!!! for starters, we wouldnt have robhinio on the wing would we!!!!

Scary stuff

Gelsons Dad said:
We are not 2 wins off 8th place. We are 6 points behind 8th place. The ten teams between us and 8th cannot all loose the next 2 games.
Well yes your right of corse..........All im saying is its easy to get alarmed at the sight of us in the relegation zone when in fact its a very close league this year, one or two lesser teams have got off two a good start and we have huffed and puffed while a new manager with a new way of doing things has got his feet under the table, eventually he will win the power struggle because he is a winner, he will build a team with players who want to play for him, he will sort out our leaky defence and he will by a striker who knows what the big white rectangle thing is. trust me...the glass is half full not half empty!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.