If Losing to Liverpool......

Shoulda woulda coulda Jerry !!! If if's n why's were Chips n Pies, they'd be no chippies!

Last edited:
No chance.

Losing to Liverpool whether some disagree, it will be be seen as a failure in our season.

This City team is being put on a throne as one of the greatest sides in English football history, if that is to be it can’t be knocked out by a team 20 points behind us in 3rd place.

No no no . Goals and points records are fun, but TROPHIES are what counts. I'd gladly give up points record etc to win both.

meant that we were to go on, and win our last 8 league games, and achieve a record breaking 105 points, record wins, record goals scored, record goal difference, record away wins, and in the process Eddie picked up the golden gloves, and Sergio the golden boot, would you take it?

Those records, should we achieve them , would last for ever, and, notwithstanding, that even if we get past Liverpool, we are still not guaranteed anything in the Champions League, i personally would.

For me a lot of this depends on whether if Liverpool win the 1/4 they go on and win the whole thing. If they did, it would certainly take a little off winning the league in record form. Winning the league in any year when another English team wins the European big one isnt ideal (much as I personally value the league higher). In short, I just really hope Liverpool would get knocked out in the semi if they were to go through.

Whoever wins the game has an awful long way to go....Barca , Bayern and Madrid all still in it and all 3 likely to go through to the semi finals as well......it will take a lot of winning regardless of the upcoming fixture

Whoever wins the game has an awful long way to go....Barca , Bayern and Madrid all still in it and all 3 likely to go through to the semi finals as well......it will take a lot of winning regardless of the upcoming fixture
From here, a team only needs to “win” one game to win the trophy, and that’s the final. With the away goals rule, we were the width of the crossbar from being in the Final when we lost 1-0 to Bale’s deflected goal in Madrid.

The margins from here are thin. Any of the teams in the QFs can beat any of the other teams. The question is “how do you approach a two-legged game, where away goals can decide the outcome”?

What is clear is that we need to score at Anfield, and even if we should lose away, we need to keep the margin to one goal. From there, I fancy us against anyone in Europe at home

Liverpool are shite if we lose to them we will have let ourselves down.

If we were to break records in the league, we would still hear about Liverpool beating us for a longer amount of time!!

I say we beat Liverpool and win the league..... no one looks at records 5 years down the line, wishing silverware is the only important thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.