If Mourinho was at City....

I don't believe anyone who would to be honest, Utd fans didn't like him, they love him now. Utd fans sing about 20 times, playing football the positive way. His park the bus tactics doesn't bother them. Don't want him, just don't think people would stop going as being suggested. I remember a home derby under Mancini, we drew 0-0 it was vile to watch. As the home team we should have at least made an attempt to have a shot. A few days after we drew 0-0 at home to Birmingham too, thrilling ey.
You mean they won't publicly admit it bothers them? Their supporters club invited Moureen to 'Address the fans concerns' & he politely declined the invite.

In Moureen's 2nd season, during his 1st spell at Chelsea, I'll never forget the interview where he said he wasn't there to entertain fans, that he'd built a winning machine to win titles and trophies & that's what his CV will show & what he'll be remembered for in history.

The ManUre fans are desperate for a return to the dominant days of Pisscan. So much so, that they classed last seasons successes as winning the treble... AGAIN!!

They still sing about 20 titles & thought it was all going so well this season until they started playing teams nearer the top of the table. So what does Moureen do? He reverts to type as he's a flat track bully.

Whether our football ultimately brings us success this season or not, remains to be seen. However ManUre fans have had 3 decades of exciting, swashbuckling football which has crashed to an abrupt halt to be replaced by Moureen's pragmatism.

Compare that to what we've been getting over the last season & a half, & there's no way anyone can say the Rags ain't hurting deep down inside, irrespective of last years' 'Treble' or not.

Was there really any City fans who ever wanted this piece of shit?.. He's been an horrible bastard for years.
You bet there were City fans who badly wanted him here! So much so, they never gave Mancini a chance because they felt we should have gone in balls deep for Moureen after Hughes was sacked.

There was no way Moureen would have come here at that point, but I can attest that Moureen almost ripped BM's fan base apart without ever being our manager!! Lol :-)

Last edited:
You missed the bit out when he called Allardyce's West Ham's tacts "19th Century football" against Chelsea a few years ago but then he plays that way in every big game at the Rags.

Although, all that needs to be said is that Pep wears better coats!

Tell you what though when we had half of this forum begging City to get Mourinho seven or eight years ago i was dead against every post on it until i was blue in the face (or fingertips). I hated him then, it escalated when he poked Vilanova in the eye, every time you see his miserable sour face on the tele and just to top it off he went to the Rags... but he fits right in there with that lot. They're a fanbase of Mourinhos. No wonder they love him.
Moureen to Old Toilet was a perfect storm for me.... The manager I hated the most, managing the club I hated the most.

However, I gotta give Moureen his dues. His move to OT allowed me to concentrate my hatred all in one place & saved me from spreading it thinly to accommodate wherever he was managing.

Last edited:
So a united acquaintance of mine had the following to say. “Last seasons trophy haul was on target” “if you (me) say that united are shit, then what does that say about the league in general”? His implication was that City will obviously walk this league because its an “easy” league to win. Of course no idea what he would be spouting if the rags were first. Regardless my point to him and my belief is that while The rags are in second it is imo a false position because of the opposition that they have so far played and can honestly only see them pushing for a top 4 place this season and not being a guaranteed top 4 team.
I am so so glad that PEG never came here. He perhaps would have suited an early take over City, him and Gary Cooke trying to out do each other in the arsehole stakes but his brand is so tarnished and second class compared to the way we have conducted ourselves these past 2-3 years and Pep is amazing.

It was a perfect appointment at the swamp for me. I hated Mourinho with a passion so I didn’t need to work at my hatred it was already built in.
Same as when Gollum rolled up at the swamp, I despised him over the tarnish of our clubs name over Lescott and also how he was supposed to have smacked a young preston player on a pre season tour. Not a nice guy and truly made for that odious club. Now on the other hand When Van Gaal turned up I found it really hard to dislike him. He was hilarious without realising it.

Watching them grind out a point each week via insipid football is in some ways better than total collapse. Watching them play for a draw against Livercesspool with on paper one of the best world managers having spent almost as much money as us is dream

To be fair to Mourinho he has done no better or worse than Pep so far.

It's possible to objectively track success since they started I'm Manchester via Elo points.

Pep has improved City by 110

Jose has improved United by 112

They have both done good jobs.

On Jose's side he has won two trophies while Pep has zero so far.

On Pep's side is that we are potentially an exceptional team and are currently better than every team outside RM and Barca.

Ultimately Pep's main advantage is he leaves a legacy whereas Jose doesn't.

I'd rather have Pep but Jose is a great Manager too.

To be fair to Mourinho he has done no better or worse than Pep so far.

It's possible to objectively track success since they started I'm Manchester via Elo points.

Pep has improved City by 110

Jose has improved United by 112

They have both done good jobs.

On Jose's side he has won two trophies while Pep has zero so far.

On Pep's side is that we are potentially an exceptional team and are currently better than every team outside RM and Barca.

Ultimately Pep's main advantage is he leaves a legacy whereas Jose doesn't.

I'd rather have Pep but Jose is a great Manager too.
What are Elo points mate? Anything to do with 'Mr Blue Sky'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.