If the next General election is this Autumn, would you change your vote??

Lazier you are more likely to vote labour or have I read that wrong.
I think we both know what it reflects.
On a side issue, does anyone know what happens if Theresa May's Queen's speech does not get passed in parliament ? The precedent suggests the next largest party is automatically installed.

On a side issue, does anyone know what happens if Theresa May's Queen's speech does not get passed in parliament ? The precedent suggests the next largest party is automatically installed.

Older you get - wiser you get? Why would it not get passed?

Normally the Queen would ask their leader if they could form a government. If they say yes then they get to present their Queen's Speech. Its probably overstating it to describe them as being installed because they would still face the hurdle of requiring their Queen's Speech to be passed.

Apparently its not completely set in tablets of stone. For example the Queen could, in theory, ask an MP who doesn't currently lead a party whether they could form a government.

It would only require a handful of Tories to rebel against Theresa or the legality of the DUP coalition to be questioned

The thing about the legality of the DUP alliance is quite intriguing. Wouldn't it have to be subject to a legal ruling? How long would that take? If a court subsequently declared the alliance to be illegal, what would the consequences be? Would it invalidate legislation already passed by the alliance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.