If Vietnam are 143rd ....

Sam Armstrong

Whilst watching today's friendly against Vietnam I picked up on the fact that they are apparently '143rd in the world rankings' and was wondering .... if our 1st choice team (not today's friendly mix) was a 'country' where would we rank?

Being able to cherry pick our team from any nationality how would we compare against the Brazilians, Argentines, Spanish & Germans? For the sake of argument and so as to not 'lessen' the national sides let's assume that our stars such as Silva & Aguero are still in our AND their respective national sides too!!

Discuss!!

I would say

Germany- 1st

Argentina & City 2nd

Germany are at the level of barca or even higher, they were so good during the world cup

Any top club team would beat the best international team. They play every week together and tend to have fewer weaknesses.

Still not used to dishing out an high opinion of City so I'll say this:

by every goal we scored go one place up, so 8 places, deduct 1 for conceeding a goal leaves us in 136

So in between Bermuda and New Zealand :D

Any top club team would beat the best international team. They play every week together and tend to have fewer weaknesses.

Good point BUT sometimes they can have several players who you'd like but who are relatively unobtainable to you in one team as a club but as a nation they are (Messi & Aguero?) .... does that not balance the argument a little?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.