If You Could Promote Three Young Players

MarsLlama

Hypothetically, let's say Pep calls you up and says he wants to promote three EDS/Academy players to the first team and he wants you to choose which three. Taking into account how ready you think they are and who we already have in their position. Who do you pick?

Personally:
Aleix Garcia- Incredible passing range, skillfull and dynamic.
Bersant Celina- Plays a lot of different positions, which Pep would love.
Angelino- natural successor to Kolarov, but with a great workrate.

Angelino, A. Garcia and given our shortage of forwards just now ... Ambrose (I'm assuming he's not far away from full fitness by now).
Tosin and Maffeo look very close to being ready but would perhaps still benefit from being eased into grown man football more gradually ...

How many could be 'promoted' from the youth squads this year?
For me

Aleix Garcia- I think the kid is different class for his age.

Angelino- looks very promising , almost the perfect pep player

Maffeo- again looks very promising would like to see him in and around but will be hard if both Zabaleta and Sagna stay.

Aleix Garcia, Angelino, Maffeo, and Tosin looks solid enough. I'd rather them stay in the first team than go on loan. To be honest I am completely settled with having to start Angelino and Maffeo at fullbacks.

Angelino and Maffeo for sure.

The third i'd have to choose between Adarabioyo or A. Garcia. Recent performances would see me pick Adarabioyo.

I'm sure Ambrose will be close when he gets back training, expected big things from him before his injury.

I think it all depends on how much actual game time they get. If we can offload Kolarov and if Zab goes, both Angelino and Maffeo should get plenty of opportunities.

Tosin looks really solid, but if Stones comes in we have Kompany (when fit), Mangala (if not on loan), Otamendi, Stones, Denayer and potentially the Ferns ahead of him in the queue, so I think he might develop better in the EDS or on loan.

Aleix Garcia might be good, but with Gundogan, Fernando, Fernandinho, Nasri, Yaya, Silva, KDB, Delph ahead of him, he's not going to get much playing time, is he? I would leave him in the EDS or send him on a loan where he'll play every week, personally.

Angelino looks a dead cert, lots of similar qualities to Kolarov but with higher speed and more work rate - two quite large flaws in Kola's game. Could help us all along the left hand side and see him end the season as second choice LB sharing with Clichy.

Maffeo is in a similar position for RB, he's a very smart player and could become a natural successor to Zabs.

No surprise fullback is our most likely area of a break through consider both of these players talents and the age of our senior players - almost looks designed for them.

Not sure about whether we'll see a third get anything you'd consider significant play time, most other positions are we completely stacked. Could be Aleix Garcia but he's got a lot of players ahead of him, same with anyone outside of the fullback areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.