If you were Pep then what would you do now?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Pingu the Penguin, 15 Jan 2017.

1. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Put my feet up, tell the players to fucking get on with it and stop pissing around ;-)

2. asahartford1

asahartford1

Harry red napp in disguise ?

3. totaalvoetbal

totaalvoetbal

Aguero is incapabale of doing what Pep wants and that will not change. He can't do the basics that Pep require's from his #9, regardless of profile (Eto'o, Lewandowski etc). Aguero has 2 assits this season which is not really optimal. Everytime Aguero got dispossessed Pep just shook his head on the touchline. With the amount of running he has to do, it affects his finishing as he gets really jaded.

He is awful in the channels as well. He is a good player around the box when he doesn't have to do anything else but that is not enough to play Pep's way. Perhaps if the team played with 3 at the back and he had a player closer to him he would pl;ay better but to retain that Diamond in the MF is crucial especially in a 433 which is a 4330 with Pep Guardiola.

Yaya can do what Pep require's but he lacks the athleticism to cover big space which can be a problem if City lack vertical and horizontal compactness, which they often do and prmier league teams exploit that space because the league is based on counter attacking. and winning second balls. If the structure is optimal Yaya can still be a useful #6. He has the intelligence to carry in.

Last edited: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:13 PM
  4. ballinio

ballinio

Bullshit baffles brains

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

Some points of note, at least you have tried to engage brain. However, Toure cannot continue as a City player. His defensive attributes are non existent, a ball watcher who allows runs into danger areas to go unchallenged. This exposes defenders. He can only play in short bursts now and relies on his still excellent passing. Can't be in a team that relies on midfielders winning the ball back quickly. Will be gone in the Summer.
    As for Kun he is at last working as hard as he needs. I would say from all accounts he has been a lazy trainer in the past, not now. 11 goals in 13 games.

I suggest you are watching your football through a dirty shop window on a flickering tv. I respect your opinions though.

6. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

More Mike Bassett.

7. karen7

karen7

I stopped reading at deadwood and sergio,step away from whatever you are drinking

8. asahartford1

asahartford1

Karen, I stopped drinking at DEADWOOD also.

9. totaalvoetbal

totaalvoetbal

Thanks for the condescending response. Hence why I said if the lines are tighter he can still be useful. Increase the space that he has to cover and he looks very poor. Those shorts bursts are applicable when he has very little space to cover, at the moment because the players lose the ball when trying to penertrate through the centre or Aguero gets dispossessed up top, he has to cover too much ground. A siilar problem in a different structural environment that Busquets has been facing for the last 3 years although City are improving massively in this regard. He is certainly not fit enough to be the main #6 for City anymore.

Again, using goals is not enough. It is obvious Pep doesn't want him and he doesn't do what is required. The points I made still stand on him. He ha scored that many goals because of the chances the team creates. City create the best goal scoring chances in the Premier League but Aguero misses too many chances. He is simply not a good enough when he is asked to do things further away from the box. Once Jesus is fit he would most likely bench aguero again.

10. Southern

Southern

If that happens, no doubt Aguero will not want to stay on next season