If you were Pep then what would you do now?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Pingu the Penguin, 15 Jan 2017.

1. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

:-(

2. Corky

Corky

Blocks have never counted except on the line. Look up the stats before calling them.

The expected goal thing is very flawed and not really taken seriously, as it only accounts for chances where there is a shot and misses important variables.

3. Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Pablo ZZZ Peroni

The clubs use full blown "analytics" (including xG amongst many other things) and not just basic shots/shots on targets stats.

So tell me the authentic source for your comment "We have half the number of shots on goal as we did under mancini in 2011/12". You can't can you? I suggest that is embellished BS to make a point.

4. Corky

Corky

2011/12 250 shots on target 93 goals, 2016/17 143 shots on target 53 goals from 27 games - using the consistent methodology.

They have cretpt up since last time I checked, but if you can divide you will see they are both massively down with Pep's anti football.

5. OB1

OB1

We averaged 19.4 shots per game in 11/12 and currently average 15.9, an 18% drop. Not my definition of massive. On the other hand, we are conceding 7.9 shots per game against an average of 10.4 - a 24% improvement. But maybe both changes imply a more boring team in your eyes.

6. Mancityus

Mancityus

Try and win a game to start with against a top 4 side in PL. Given another chance today.

7. KS55

KS55

New keeper.
    Really good holding midfielder, a la Kante.
    Clear out all ageing hit men.
    Add height to forward line.
    Find a centre half.........ffs we've spent a fortune on a load of dross. Vinny cost peanuts, there must be others nearly that good.
    Pray that Maureen completely melts down.

8. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

Chelsea are about wrap up their second title in 3 years. Not bad.

9. Blueband Brother

Blueband Brother

Since the Totenham game earlier this year, he has been more or less spot on with his tactics and I see the clear rationale behind his decisions. So the problems, and I am sure he is conscious of this as well, is how to influence the players in terms of attitude, motivation and mentality. The drastic moves he made at the start of the season, some may argue, is a vice to specifically challenge this problem of attitude and mentality, but some of those decisions has turned out to be detrimental and in the case of the goalkeeper disastrous.

So I think he has to find a way to influence the mentality of the players so that it manifests in a positive manner: First and foremost there is no need for history lessons in the press conferences because we can all go to college to learn history, he should just focus on managing and coaching the team and any mind games or moves he makes in terms of handling the players must bring out positive results and not affect the mentality of the players in a negative way.

10. Corky

Corky

The display was as insipid as Dutch today - so yes.