If you were Shola Ameobi would you refuse to play?

fbloke

Up here in the North East there is worrying news for Ameobi.

In simple terms he has been told by a surgeon that if he was to injure his cheekbone again it would be inoperable.

So would you refuse to play and get an insurance payout or would you risk it?

rassclot said:
i would have thought he could protect it with a mask. bruce grobbelaar & others have done likewise with facial injuries.

The difficulty is that it would have to be a permanent thing as Chelsea have with Cech.

And unlike Cech the bones we are talking about are far more fragile and difficult to protect.

He's got to think of his life outside (and indeed after) football. If his Doctor has advised him as you say then he'd be a fool to ignore him. Any hard physical knock and his face could be totally fucked up.

Not worth the risk, IMO.

I'd look in the mirror and think, 'i'm shit anyway so it really makes no difference if I quit'.
Ameobi and Carl Cort are in the Carl Leaburn group of player for me. Leaburn was once described on Soccer Saturday as the worst player the premier league has ever seen.

Pigeonho said:
I'd look in the mirror and think, 'i'm shit anyway so it really makes no difference if I quit'.
Ameobi and Carl Cort are in the Carl Leaburn group of player for me. Leaburn was once described on Soccer Saturday as the worst player the premier league has ever seen.
Shirly Ali Dia gets that award!

Bluemoon115 said:
Pigeonho said:
Shirly Ali Dia gets that award!
I can't count him as a player. I do however count him as a fookin legend for doing what he did! I bet Souness has a massive complex about being sucked in in such an easy manner!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.