Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be purely coincidental but I feel that since he has come into the side Fernandinhos performance levels have dropped significantly. Both good players but can they be good together?
More likely they just have to get used to each other. Building midfield understanding often takes time and Gundogan was injured all pre-season as well as the be first matches.

Fleeting glimpses of ability and it's too early to judge but you'd expect far more from him. Cannot see how anyone has been impressed with him so far.

Gundogan looks underpowered if the ball is lost he never gets back goal side and is outrun by other players ,if he plays that far up the pitch further than Silva theres only Fernandinho left to defend the back four

Gundogan looks underpowered if the ball is lost he never gets back goal side and is outrun by other players ,if he plays that far up the pitch further than Silva theres only Fernandinho left to defend the back four

Has lacked power & physicality so far,probably due to missing pre season.

Remember 'Spanish Dave' in his first 4/6 months ?

Hopefully he can become our next 'Gaz Baz'cos that's still the benchmark imho.

I thought he was very quiet for the first 35 minutes then gained confidence after his good run and shot. Second half I thought he stepped up and was one of our better players despite his poor pass to Stones for the third. I expect he will continue to improve.

His best game in a City shirt so far this season in my opinion was the Everton game. I thought he was excellent. Recovering from a serious injury is definitely hindering him at the moment. If he can stay injury free then later this season and next season he'll be a completely different animal.

Gundogan is class - just now starting to get back into the game after an injury kept him out for a long stretch.

Ilkay is going to be killing it for us for the remainder of his career. Tremendous signing.

His best game in a City shirt so far this season in my opinion was the Everton game. I thought he was excellent. Recovering from a serious injury is definitely hindering him at the moment. If he can stay injury free then later this season and next season he'll be a completely different animal.

You have to let a player get to know a new team, a new system and a new league before you can judge him - atleast if he is not one of the more individualistic offensive players.

Judge him after the first season - not now.

You have to let a player get to know a new team, a new system and a new league before you can judge him - atleast if he is not one of the more individualistic offensive players.

Judge him after the first season - not now.

I reckon just another 5 x 90 mins he will be 90% - cut the silly stuff out. his power and agility will also be up and then you ill see the real Gundi

Still think he's going to be a good signing, but he was woeful today for me. Looked almost out of sync with the rest of the guys, misplaced his first 3 passes of the match & was consistently too slow making his mind up on what to do, alongside over hitting 5-10 simple passes that stifled our speed on the break. There was some Garcia-esque hiding behind opposition players going on too which is a worry to see.

For Dortmund he was dictating play, playing the odd killer balls through ball, long balls with both feet to the wingers, so versatile - for us so far he seems to have been extremely safe & negative in his play. Other than the nice interchange with Kelechi to get his shot off today he was, for me, not up to speed for the game & the biggest disappointment on the pitch (and to be fair there were a few to pick from).

Needs to pick up the pace of his decision making & concentrate on the simple passes more, as if he's going to put in shifts like today I'd have him on the bench & return to what worked at the start of the season with the Silva/KdB/Dinho trio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.