Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth baring in mind that he didn't have a pre-season due to injury, is playing in a new league and seems to be playing an awful lot at the moment.

Glad to see another player given time to settle before being slated
To be fair most negative comments are "he's going to come good but today didn't playing well" rather than "he's shit, get rid". Alongside saying we looked more balanced with a trio of Silva/De Bruyne/Fernandinho - which I also think is a fair comment; even if correlation isn't causal.

The thing I'm most disappointed about with him is that he doesn't want the ball as much as I expected. When Yaya was immense for us, he would have more touches than anyone else on the pitch, and by some distance. Gundogan doesn't seem to have the same willingness to dictate from start to finish. I expected everything to go through him, but it doesn't.

Last edited:
Gave the ball away a few times yestetoday but is a top player and will be v good for us.
He is still working his way back from a major injury and well ahead of schedule.
Too many over-reacting on this forum but then again it is Bluemoon.....

To be fair most negative comments are "he's going to come good but today didn't playing well" rather than "he's shit, get rid". Alongside saying we looked more balanced with a trio of Silva/De Bruyne/Fernandinho - which I also think is a fair comment; even if correlation isn't causal.

To be fair is about people wanting instant gratification

To be fair is about people wanting instant gratification
If people wanted instant gratification they wouldn't add in the "he's going to be a great signing" part to their opinions. Nothing wrong with saying he had a poor game, because he did, amongst plenty of others.

He's found himself in some incredible scoring positions in his limited time with us thus far. If he can just bury those more often than not we will be singing his name non stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.