Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by MCFC1993, 14 Sep 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I haven't seen anything particular in his game that says he can do Yaya's job, or Fernandinho's, better than either.

Excellent player but imo it's a 'suck it & see' situation as regards his role in the team & also he has to prove he has no lingering damage from this injury.

He's a potential exciting bonus at this stage rather than a nailed on player you build the team around imo.

2. domalino

domalino

If he rediscovers the form he had in his last season at Dortmund he'd arguably be our best player, he was absolutely phenomenal. It's a very exciting ace to have up our sleeve in a position where we'll be fine if he never plays a game.

He can definitely control the game, it's just a question of whether he can add some defensive grit too.

3. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    mmm - 70% fit? Bit worried about him if I am honest. Wasn't wowed even before his injury.

4. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He hasn't yet shown those attributes in the Premier League but he was only just settling in, when the injury struck.

But I'm glad we've got Yaya still.

5. FCBarca

FCBarca

Caveat emptor

6. mavsmcfc

mavsmcfc

Baffles me when people say Gundogan doesn't have the skillset to control the game. Really does. The defensive side of it is another story, but offensively I think he's very much capable of being our Modric.

7. City_Sean

City_Sean

His performances at Dortmund were absolutely phenomenal. The biggest worry is that his knee recovers properly.

8. slicky202

slicky202

The lad could be finished for all we know, knees are a bastard and he's had some horrific knee injuries. If he he gets fit and does well it's a bonus really.

9. City_Sean

City_Sean

He could be, but I'm hoping he'll return to the form he was at when in Dortmund. He was phenomenal.

10. slicky202

slicky202

Great player fingers crossed he gets some luck and those knees are ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.