Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they not all been different types of injuries, though? That what makes me optimistic. As I remember it, the one before this one was a complete freak, playing basketball or something absurd like that.
That unfortunately is what worries me. It suggests he is just injury prone. I hope he gets back to his best. At his best, he was the best German midfielder. Yes, better than Kroos.

If we can get that playwe we are on to something.

Pep's quotes on him today -

"I think he's close to coming back," he said.

"Maybe he'll get minutes in Girona. I don't know, we're going to ask the doctor because of course he was injured for a long time.

"We don't want to take any risks.

"He has to be strong but of course his quality is perfect for the way we want to play.

"He's a guy who plays in the middle and can be a holding midfielder or play in front. In those terms, we're so happy."
I think he'll be the starting holding midfielder in most games by November.

That unfortunately is what worries me. It suggests he is just injury prone. I hope he gets back to his best. At his best, he was the best German midfielder. Yes, better than Kroos.

If we can get that playwe we are on to something.

It's much better for it to have been different injuries.

Players who have recurrent massive injuries rarely recover, even recurrent small injuries can wreck a career, just look at Kompany's last 3 years.

Plenty have had 2 big injuries in a career and otherwise been fine, particularly players like Gundogan who don't rely on being physical monsters.

It's much better for it to have been different injuries.

Players who have recurrent massive injuries rarely recover, even recurrent small injuries can wreck a career, just look at Kompany's last 3 years.

Plenty have had 2 big injuries in a career and otherwise been fine, particularly players like Gundogan who don't rely on being physical monsters.
If he isn't injury prone then my worries thankfully will be unfounded.

I really hope so. Coz I'm certain we have the one time best German CM. And those guys have a lot of good CMs. So to have a healthy version of the very best as one of our options is quite fantastic.

He is on Modric's level at his best. Someone compared him to Ian Scott. I wanted to cry :(

Pep's quotes on him today -

"I think he's close to coming back," he said.

"Maybe he'll get minutes in Girona. I don't know, we're going to ask the doctor because of course he was injured for a long time.

"We don't want to take any risks.

"He has to be strong but of course his quality is perfect for the way we want to play.

"He's a guy who plays in the middle and can be a holding midfielder or play in front. In those terms, we're so happy."
I think he'll be the starting holding midfielder in most games by November.
Fuck! I wonder who thought this was his likely likely position to a lot of ridicule :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.