Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see him get a run of games once fully match fit. He's going to be so, so important for us

Can't wait to see him get a run of games once fully match fit. He's going to be so, so important for us

Can't get to giddy yet this could all end in tears yet again. Once he can string together a dozen matches uninterrupted it might just be time to start waxing the dolphin

And what is your read this time?
I'm seeing Bernado in the starting lineup. He is hinting at it real hard.

But I don't see how he does it. He can't bench Aguero coz he is chasing history... Even though he has hinted he wouldn't consider that, but he will. Be will want to start Jesus coz he is fresh ( only played 55 minutes or so) and he can't bench Sterling in good faith. Sterling has earned the start. Which leaves Sane and Bernado on the bench unless Bernado starts in the middle.

But he keeps hinting :) that devil Pep!

And he hinted nothing about Ilkay :(

Every game I see him play, he ghosts into the box on the break in anticipation of the ball coming in from the right. He's been picked out a couple of times, and a couple of times the ball has just been overcooked, but invariably he's unmarked as he gets there. It really cannot be long until he takes it and scores.

Every game I see him play, he ghosts into the box on the break in anticipation of the ball coming in from the right. He's been picked out a couple of times, and a couple of times the ball has just been overcooked, but invariably he's unmarked as he gets there. It really cannot be long until he takes it and scores.
+1
The guy looks to be a huge threat for scoring goals on offense - he's very aggressive, drives forward with the ball, and has a very good shot.

+1
The guy looks to be a huge threat for scoring goals on offense - he's very aggressive, drives forward with the ball, and has a very good shot.

Another +1. That's a good summery of what I was hinting at. He's different than KDB + Silva around goal. His shot, the actions he takes leading up to the shot, and the placement just looks aesthetically pleasing and comes off smooth and natural. I thought his chance in the match today was calculated + executed with class.

His pass down the line to Walker leading up to the Jesus chance was a thing of beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.