Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Mike D

Mike D

Dare I say it Karen I told you so.

Pep was right putting him through his paces for 120 minutes done him a world of good. Last night he was solid and another good performance from the man and lets hope many more like that. We needed him last night to add a bit of steel to the central of midfield and wouldn't be surprised to see him deployed against the rags when Jose parks the bus at the swamp.

2. So good at breaking the press. not many teams press like Napoli but I'd like to see him come deeper to get the ball if they do. In the first half hour it seemed like he was the only one who managed to turn out and find a forward without going long.

3. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

I was delighted to see him starting last night. It is imperative that he starts games because Silva/KDB cannot play every single game this season. Was he at Silvas level? No but the guy has barely played any football for a year and the only way he gets up to full speed is by playing more games.

4. FCBarca

FCBarca

I questioned the move due to his injuries and thus far he remains a question mark

The quality has always been there, it’s the body that hasn’t cooperated. If he can stay healthy Ilkay will be a tremendous x-factor for City

A big if but hope it happens, very talented- it’s just that historically injury prone is a tough label to shed

5. Cotton Weave Blue

Cotton Weave Blue

He was pretty impressive last night

6. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

He was. Great cross for Otamendi’s goal. We are so blessed atm.

7. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    Yup, you can still see a little apprehension in and around tackles (understandably), pep is managing his comeback perfectly... when he is up to speed dec/Jan, he'll be so important when silva and KDB become leggy, swapping those two for Gundogan and Bernardo will be crucial at times!

8. FCBarca

FCBarca

Very impressive, the pressing & anticipation defensively was tremendous - and to think he really is far from 100% yet

9. kwm1988

kwm1988

was brilliant,such an elegant footballer,left foot right foot,Control and distribution in tight spaces which pep loves,the cross for otamendi last night was beautiful on his left foot.we need gundogan fit this season Silva and De bruyne cant play every game.

10. domalino

domalino

I really think we'll be choosing 2 from 3 of Silva, Kev and Gundogan soon and not really noticing a drop off in quality.

He's improving visibly every game and if he gets back to his 15/16 form well have the 4 best midfielders in the country.