Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet to show his best form bfor the injury last season.. But imo in the match with 2 defensive mind midfielder its often bump to each other in the exchanging position and lack of creativity up front.

Im yet to be convinced,he's far too powder puff for me.

And why did he not like passing the ball to Foden? The kid was in space on numerous occasions and yet he chose an alternative? Odd.

And why did he not like passing the ball to Foden? The kid was in space on numerous occasions and yet he chose an alternative? Odd.

Powder puff or a little scarred after the injuries??? I'd say the latter

He needs to be roughed up and see that it's all in his head, otherwise that apprehension will remain!

He hasn’t convinced yet and lacks the ability to run games. The skill is obvious though so I just hope he grows into his role and can claim more starts.

Powder puff or a little scarred after the injuries??? I'd say the latter

He needs to be roughed up and see that it's all in his head, otherwise that apprehension will remain!
Yep,its inevitable he will be battling the demons but i just have this feeling we wont see much more quality from him,obviously i hope im wrong.

I also thought that the senior players should have picked out Foden more than they did in his cameo agaibst Feyanoord.

Its the mandatory back pass that's really annoying. plays too safe , either isn't good enough to find the killer pass or hasn't the confidence to.

The back pass from the 2 attacking midfielders is because the ball isn't going forward quick enough. It's a massive part or our attack and KDB and Silva do it constantly.

It's a sign that the passing from the back isn't good enough more than anything else.

As for "not good enough" to play a forward pass that's hilarious.

The back pass from the 2 attacking midfielders is because the ball isn't going forward quick enough. It's a massive part or our attack and KDB and Silva do it constantly.

It's a sign that the passing from the back isn't good enough more than anything else.

As for "not good enough" to play a forward pass that's hilarious.
that "back pass" is the one that gives the opposition time to get into their defensive banks. I'm not one for stats but most of KDB and Silvas passes are forward. Yaya use to fire it forward quickly too, sadly that is no longer the case with him either.

that "back pass" is the one that gives the opposition time to get into their defensive banks. I'm not one for stats but most of KDB and Silvas passes are forward. Yaya use to fire it forward quickly too, sadly that is no longer the case with him either.

No it isn't, the pass back happens when the attacking mids don't get the ball quick enough, or in enough space. Then we send it back and work the ball around, try to shift the defence until we try again. This happens literally dozens of times every game we play.

It happens when the ball from the back isn't good enough, and that's why it happened so much yesterday with Yaya, Mangala and Tosin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.