Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not very good and is similar to Yaya in the sense he slows our attacking fluency and offers nothing from a central position.

fair enough thats your opinion. as I said though, other then today we haven't lost a game with him in the team. pep seems to disagree you swell.

Thought he was decent. Preferred the ball going to him when we are pressured than anyone else.

I think folks are just looking for someone to pick on. There wee many worse. But in general, they just had more energy than we did.

Agreed Dax - he also took his goal really well and his one two with Sergio for Bernardo's goal was excellent. It was just one of those games, I can't believe we will play a game with three terrible errors again this season and I don't think you will see the likes of Kyle just boot the ball out so many times again. Some on here always look for a scapegoat and post accordingly. I prefer to think today will turn out to be the kick we need to finish this remarkable year well, and as I say perhaps it's best to get all those errors out of the way in one!

Agreed Dax - he also took his goal really well and his one two with Sergio for Bernardo's goal was excellent. It was just one of those games, I can't believe we will play a game with three terrible errors again this season and I don't think you will see the likes of Kyle just boot the ball out so many times again. Some on here always look for a scapegoat and post accordingly. I prefer to think today will turn out to be the kick we need to finish this remarkable year well, and as I say perhaps it's best to get all those errors out of the way in one!

I thought he was the best out of our midfield, the only one who showed the slightest bit of composure besides KDB.
Sterling and Fernandinho were costing us the position in a big way, thus making the team look average. Consistently chalking up assists and goals.
looked fairly decent in the tackle too. He was not the problem today.

He has moments of quality in him, I'm just not sure what he's supposed to be doing exactly whenever he's on the pitch.

i have to agree with the above, whenever i see him play i have no real idea as to where he supposed to be playing.

really want him to improve, nice player when he's on it

Pretty hard to replace silva tbh, was obv he wasn’t up to standard yesterday but I wouldn’t be so quick to forget his performance against Barca and how his form was before his last injury. Silva should be starting without a doubt and I hope gundogan is content playing second fiddle whilst his form improves.

He is the best in the team at passing the ball back 5 yards to the guy who has just passed to him (often more than once).

We need more from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.