Ilkay Gundogan

I'd say Fern Gun and KDB first choice midfield.
this has been part of our problem for a while. We shouldnt have a first choice midfield. We have who is in form and playing better. Competiton for places is vitally important.

Still don't know how we got a draw out of that game!

That Dortmund game reminds me so much of the 1-1 draw with Leeds on the opening day of the 1992/93 season, if anyone can remember it? That game were also comprehensively outplayed but still managed to take a point. Like the Dortmund game you was watching wave after wave of attacks and thinking aureky they are going to score this time.

In a perverse way I enjoyed this game watchibg the slick, crisp passing of a Dortmund size breaking at lightning speeds

Last year people has been shouting to drop KDB too for the sake of 'balance'. Remember last year when he was injured from Jan to April, how did our 'balanced' team performed?

I'm sorry but this argument makes no sense whatsoever. What balance is this that you're talking about?
I reckon Gundo sitting whilst Silva and KDB as the number 8s should work against easier opposition that stay within their 30 yard box frightened all game but against opposition closer to us ability wise, I'm
not sure Gundo would be the fit for that role. I personally rate KDB as a better
number 10 than Silva but I believe Silva
is the better all round player. Fitting them all in one team vs tough opposition may
not be an easy thing to do. I really do hope that Gundo will adapt to that role quick enough and prosper in it but to assume this is a given is
questionable imo. Another option would be to
play the usual 4-2-3-1 with KDB behind the striker and Gundogan and Fern offering support from deep and Silva on the bench. But if Pep will stick to having 2 number 8s, KDBs place isn't nailed on because he's less effective there.

That Dortmund game reminds me so much of the 1-1 draw with Leeds on the opening day of the 1992/93 season, if anyone can remember it? That game were also comprehensively outplayed but still managed to take a point. Like the Dortmund game you was watching wave after wave of attacks and thinking aureky they are going to score this time.

In a perverse way I enjoyed this game watchibg the slick, crisp passing of a Dortmund size breaking at lightning speeds

I remember that Leeds game well. It was the best goalkeeping performance (Tony Coton) I have ever seen, even better than Hart v Barca. The performance didn't bode well though and Reidy was gone a couple of weeks later.

I remember that Leeds game well. It was the best goalkeeping performance (Tony Coton) I have ever seen, even better than Hart v Barca. The performance didn't bode well though and Reidy was gone a couple of weeks later.

Hart was i think better in the Dortmund game than the Barca game, i am sure i read somewhere the German media had a illustration with hart having 8 arms he was so good that night.

Gundagon was absolutely breath taking that night, i fell in love.

The inside city video for this week, where the lads are curling the ball in from behind the to touch line...gundogan does it with the outside of his foot, like it was the easiest thing in the world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.