Impatient fans - the most likely thing to ruin this chapter

OF COURSE....IT'S THE FANS FAULT.

What a crock of bollocks mate. Were you going to see this club when we were in Div 2? I was. Nobody was moaning about the fans then.

The fans want what is best, that is all. At the moment we are going backwards VERY FAST.

Wake up and leave the fans alone. We are all worried for the right reasons!

Excellent debate going on this thread,take in points from all the post's.One thing i can not agree on is when there's a negative attitude to supporters who have no patience.I have been a supporter for well over 40 years my dad over 70 years going back to my late grandad 100 years.In all those years arguing and debating with fellow fans and abusing the stretford rangers fans,you have an opinion and you have a view on the way you want city run,never before in the history of city have we been in a position where we believe we have a chance of competing for football major honours,and when i hear that patience is required to give the manager time to mould his team and get the right players in,it just papers over the major cracks that have been showing throughout the team since he took over.I do not expect us to be in the top four now,i do not expect us to win the FA cup,i do not expect us to win the UEFA cup,but i do expect to see a team being guided the right way with a system of play,and tactical decisions and motivation skills and man management skills,which become apparent when you see city take the field.Non of which are happening under Hughes.

The OP is mistaken on two basic levels

Firstly, the lessons of finance are of dubious relevance at best. A football club is not similar to a bank.

Secondly, the analysis is problem focused and therefore ignores the most successful coaching and development models which exist in sport. All good football managers build on the strengths of what is available. They identify what the strengths and assets of a club are, find what works and do more of that. In other words they build succcess by focusing on positives. and developing those. How many times do you hear the phrase 'take the positives'. So many managers use this term because it is a fundamental part of modern coaching

What succcessful managers do not do is focus on what is wrong and spend their time cataloguing problems and identifying 'frailties'. They do not lead a winning team by knowing why games are lost, they do it by knowing how to win them. There should be a lot less interest in why we lost the last game than in how we can win the next one. That means knowing how to take the positives and build on them and that is what talented coaches are good at.

It's a lot easier to list a load of problems. This board is full of that kind of expertise ;-)

fallowfieldflyer said:
Excellent debate going on this thread,take in points from all the post's.One thing i can not agree on is when there's a negative attitude to supporters who have no patience.I have been a supporter for well over 40 years my dad over 70 years going back to my late grandad 100 years.In all those years arguing and debating with fellow fans and abusing the stretford rangers fans,you have an opinion and you have a view on the way you want city run,never before in the history of city have we been in a position where we believe we have a chance of competing for football major honours,and when i hear that patience is required to give the manager time to mould his team and get the right players in,it just papers over the major cracks that have been showing throughout the team since he took over.I do not expect us to be in the top four now,i do not expect us to win the FA cup,i do not expect us to win the UEFA cup,but i do expect to see a team being guided the right way with a system of play,and tactical decisions and motivation skills and man management skills,which become apparent when you see city take the field.Non of which are happening under Hughes.

This (apart from the fact that we did compete for, and win, major honours in the last 40 years). I do not expect us to suddenly sweep all before us because we have cash, but I did hope to see evidence of progress on and off the pitch. Putting the building blocks in place. Instead of which we appear to have undermined the foundations.

MH might well still come good. Relatively good anyway. But on the evidence of what we have seen so far, is he the man to lead us to the promised land even if given 5 years?

I know few more patient sets of fans. And to belittle their knowledge of the game is an insult precisely because of our recent history and experience. City fans crave success again and I'd back a majority of them to understand instictively what is right and what is wrong for the club in order to help achieve that goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.