Important musical moments......

Family Values 98

Orgy
Rammstein
Limp Bizkit
Ice Cube
Korn

Huge at the time, diverse as you could hope to get, hardcore rap to heaviest of metal, propelled every artist higher than either they were before or maybe should have ever been. And a kickass fuckin show. Set a standard.

Ice Cube, Eminem and Dre/snoop followed a similar formula for the up in smoke tour, less guitars tho.

Family Values 98

Orgy
Rammstein
Limp Bizkit
Ice Cube
Korn

Huge at the time, diverse as you could hope to get, hardcore rap to heaviest of metal, propelled every artist higher than either they were before or maybe should have ever been. And a kickass fuckin show. Set a standard.
Saw Korn and Rob Zombie recently....Korn still crush it

If this is meant to be on a worldwide populace then bands like the stone roses and the smith's are irrelevant, check out their record sales worldwide for confirmation of that.
I would say elvis when he first hit and the Beatles with she loves you in every western country. They did it again later with Sgt pepper..... I also agree with the sex pistols and bowie with his transgender personalities , he must take credit for changing the musical landscape.
Progrock was massive in the 70,s on a worldwide stage, so pioneers like pink Floyd and yes also deserve accolades .

I leave later decades for other younger people to comment on.

The Pistols interview with Grundy probably the most important musical moment for me.
The uproar it caused got teenagers like myself interested in a new music scene/movement for the first time.
I suppose it would all depend when you were a teenager for the main musical moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.