Important musical moments......

The launch of the Internet has had a bigger influence on the music industry than any single artist in history.

Beastie Boys - they made hip hop acceptable to white America, without them it may have been very different. Hip hop like it or not has been the big boom over the last 20 years, maybe it has calmed now but yeah the Beastie's were a huge enabler for it's current standing.

Are you taking the piss?

This was big. Bigger than Foxy Lady. Showed what could happen when guitar is given space to shine.

Edit: and it helps that it was cool as fuck.

Last edited:
Although I have a wide and varied music taste, I'll never forget going to Mcr Polly in 80 to see American punk band Dead Kennedy's. Only 600 there but wow fucking wow. The place was electric in the angst of rebellious teenage youth.

Was crushed at the front on some scaffolding and when Jello Biafra held the mike in song, I bellowed " It's a holiday in Cambodia"......

Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables is a cracking album IMO of course.

Seen plenty of bands but that was an important moment but to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.