In some universe...

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
...Dickov’s shot didn’t go in, we stayed in the second division, bleeding more and more money (and what talent we had), eventually falling down in to the conference, after administration, where we are now perennial contenders for North League champions.

...Aguero’s long range shot went in against Liverpool, ending the game 4-4, buoying us moving forward, and absolutely crushing any momentum Liverpool had built up, leading them to drop 12 points more by season end and finishing outside of the top six.

...Dickov’s shot didn’t go in, we stayed in the second division, bleeding more and more money (and what talent we had), eventually falling down in to the conference, after administration, where we are now perennial contenders for North League champions.

...Aguero’s long range shot went in against Liverpool, ending the game 4-4, buoying us moving forward, and absolutely crushing any momentum Liverpool had built up, leading them to drop 12 points more by season end and finishing outside of the top six.
This is your brain... this is your brain on drugs.

I think we would have done better if we went up the season after, it would have been promotion in 2001 not relegation.

I think we would have done better if we went up the season after, it would have been promotion in 2001 not relegation.
That’s an interesting assessment.

Let’s expand—what are your specifics behind that?

In another universe there is no oil in the middle East (mind blown) hehe

Also, I started this thread for predicitions of how things would have turned out if a certain event in our history went another way, so everyone should feel free to add more “in some universe...” scenarios.

In another universe there is no oil in the middle East (mind blown) hehe
Ha, I wonder if that would really change that much, or if all the “super” clubs would not just be owned by mega-rich Canadian families. ;-)

That’s an interesting assessment.

Let’s expand—what are your specifics behind that?

City were the bast team in league 2 with Fulham going up - after poor form in 1998 the 1999 part of the season was much better - promotion in 2000 and 2001 would have been highly likely, and the squad would have been ready for it.

The 1999 myth lives on though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.