In some universe...

We enter 2017-18 stuck at Maine Road with a 35k stadium and little room to develop and end up giving Big Sam the job of trying to keep us up.
You have a sick, depraved imagination, Gary.

Which is why I’ve always liked you. ;-)

I imagine you could easily write a very interesting book of various City-related counterfactual scenarios (which could act as even easier entry to the history of the club for the less knowledgable and/or curious among us).

You have a sick, depraved imagination, Gary.

Which is why I’ve always liked you. ;-)
Half way through I realised we became Everton. To be fair Everton have not been looked after particularly well by the football gods - in 1915 they were League Champions and football was suspended due to the war; in 1939 they were League champions and football was suspended due to war; in 1985 they were League champions and ECWC winners and seemed likely to do well in the European Cup.... then Heysel & Liverpool and Everton lose their chance again.

Half way through I realised we became Everton. To be fair Everton have not been looked after particularly well by the football gods - in 1915 they were League Champions and football was suspended due to the war; in 1939 they were League champions and football was suspended due to war; in 1985 they were League champions and ECWC winners and seemed likely to do well in the European Cup.... then Heysel & Liverpool and Everton lose their chance again.
An Evertonian living here in Boston often brings that history up when I am down at the Liverpool pub for their City matches. It is mostly Reds there for games but he dutifully arrives an hour before, takes his pint, and bellows about Everton’s past glories, follies, and misfortunes. My mates and I are the only ones who will listen, of course, as the Reds think it’s all nonsense as their club has always been the best in the land and all the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.