In support of Hughes

n_mcfc said:
I reckon Hughes is a gonner, but, has he not been slightly unlucky?

I mean, he was appointed by Thaksin, expectations when he arrived, top 10. Then he was given a 'present', called Jo, for £19M, who, he felt pressured into playing. Then, he signs 3-4 players. Kompany - Good Signing. SWP - Good Signing. Zabaleta - Best Signing. Once all these players came in (bar Zab), against Sunderland, we saw what we were expected to see all season. Elano playing well, SWP back to his best, Kompany the midfielder we've needed, forever. But then, he gets a new boss, who happens to be one of the richest people in the world, and our expectations change dramatically. Hughes is then given another 'gift', this time, it's £32M worth of Robinho. So, now, Hughes has to adapt his team to accompany, Jo and Robinho, something which is bound to upset other players, and one of them happens to be a Brazilian, Elano, who seems to be leading an anti-Hughes group. Also, we now here stories of players being slightly pissed off how Hughes adapts his policy to accompany Robinho.

Now, it seems to me that Jo and Robinho are what's causing this rift between Hughes and the squad, as he has been forced to change his whole personality as a manager to make sure he doesn't piss the two owner signed players, and ensure he keeps them happy and doesn't lose his job. Ironically, by doing this, he's ended up pissing off the rest of the squad, as well as the two owner signed players and the pressure he tried to reduce has been increased. Ideally for Hughes, (allbeit slightly unbelievable) the signings of Jo and Robinho are two that Hughes could have done without. Only on 3 occassians has Hughes got the tactics right really, Pompey, Stoke, Arsenal (I may be wrong) and in these 3 games, we've been up against teams who have played crap.

I don't support Hughes enough that I want him to stay, but, I think that when you actually look into the problem that's been created, Hughes has been desperately unlucky and now the fans seemed to have turned against him, something has to change. Unfortunately for Hughes, there are too many players to ship out that aren't committed enough to the cause, which means the only other alternative, is for him to go.

This is by far and away a post of quality.

n_mcfc said:
I reckon Hughes is a gonner, but, has he not been slightly unlucky?

I mean, he was appointed by Thaksin, expectations when he arrived, top 10. Then he was given a 'present', called Jo, for £19M, who, he felt pressured into playing. Then, he signs 3-4 players. Kompany - Good Signing. SWP - Good Signing. Zabaleta - Best Signing. Once all these players came in (bar Zab), against Sunderland, we saw what we were expected to see all season. Elano playing well, SWP back to his best, Kompany the midfielder we've needed, forever. But then, he gets a new boss, who happens to be one of the richest people in the world, and our expectations change dramatically. Hughes is then given another 'gift', this time, it's £32M worth of Robinho. So, now, Hughes has to adapt his team to accompany, Jo and Robinho, something which is bound to upset other players, and one of them happens to be a Brazilian, Elano, who seems to be leading an anti-Hughes group. Also, we now here stories of players being slightly pissed off how Hughes adapts his policy to accompany Robinho.

Now, it seems to me that Jo and Robinho are what's causing this rift between Hughes and the squad, as he has been forced to change his whole personality as a manager to make sure he doesn't piss the two owner signed players, and ensure he keeps them happy and doesn't lose his job. Ironically, by doing this, he's ended up pissing off the rest of the squad, as well as the two owner signed players and the pressure he tried to reduce has been increased. Ideally for Hughes, (allbeit slightly unbelievable) the signings of Jo and Robinho are two that Hughes could have done without. Only on 3 occassians has Hughes got the tactics right really, Pompey, Stoke, Arsenal (I may be wrong) and in these 3 games, we've been up against teams who have played crap.

I don't support Hughes enough that I want him to stay, but, I think that when you actually look into the problem that's been created, Hughes has been desperately unlucky and now the fans seemed to have turned against him, something has to change. Unfortunately for Hughes, there are too many players to ship out that aren't committed enough to the cause, which means the only other alternative, is for him to go.

Interesting post.

Well, it would've been had you not forgotten that Hughes played NO Brasilians today. None. Nada. Zip. And look at the result.

When did we look like we were trying to build towards goal beside putting in some crosses?? No midfield play, just straight to the wings, basically. Straight out of the "Blackburn '101' play book"...

- Joe said:
vbr said:
http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_4677302,00.html

hahaha i knew he'd talk about BEING POSITIVE and the injuries bollocks

"Until we get a stronger squad it's going to be difficult in the short term"

I'm afraid you just can't polish a turd.

Because of the players Hughes has brought in so far, I'm backing him. It does not make me feel any better, it would be easier to take it out on the manager. But I look at the players on the pitch, and other than mostly Hughes signings they are a) not good enough, or b) got the wrong attitude, and often both.
This is a turd that finished 9th last season wile cantering at the end of the season....it had significant investment to reshape it for Hughes' system. A number of the players in last season's squad (Elano for one) aren't suited to a kick & rush game & should have been sold but weren't....why?

It is obvious to everyone what we lack in quality and attitude and until Hughes has had the chance to address it, he will stay in charge. I am personally glad our owners are not as trigger happy as some would like. I think that would REALLY make us a laughing stock.
Did Hughes only join City on August 31st? He had a full summer to address it....he took them away on boot camp to assess them...pre season friendlies, Uefa cup games + early season Premiership games.

I'm glad we currently aren't a laughing stock...I was getting a little worried there for the last 2 months.

Im in support of Hughes, give him to at LEAST the end of this season. UNless we go down of course but i really cant see it yet.

brooklandsblue said:
He is our manager and deserves our support. What if all these sky watching kiddies get their wish and we get 'the special one' or some other manager who is 'great on Fifa' and they lose 3 games on the bounce? They'd be calling for their heads too, they do not have a clue what being a 'supporter' of a football club is. Those that have come on here and made posts calling dunne and hughes on a personal level are idiots and should be treated as such.

He deserves a full season and a full transfer window with the £££ before we judge him......at least!

a few more performances like that and the next manager may get the opportunity to manage in the championship.

blue 1992 said:
i'm all in support of hughes, but for our current run of form, the players are to blame imo.
They are the same players as last season and we have spent another 70 million too. So why are the players to blame? Be more specific. Are they selecting the team? Are they playing themselves out of position? Are they the ones making the decisions to keep playing the long ball? Is one in ten good enough for you?

Bigga said:
Interesting post.

Well, it would've been had you not forgotten that Hughes played NO Brasilians today. None. Nada. Zip. And look at the result.

When did we look like we were trying to build towards goal beside putting in some crosses?? No midfield play, just straight to the wings, basically. Straight out of the "Blackburn '101' play book"...

How could he play those that were ill/injured?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.