In support of Hughes

Revolver said:
After us losing league 3 games on the bounce its perfectly valid to question the manager without being on the receipt of abuse.

Its also a valid point that you can't support the man just because he is the manager in which case Clarke and Ball would still be here.

However it is also not uneasonable to point out that Hughes has had 12 league games which is not a lot of time. Plus if he had inherited a team that was going places then it would be even be more worrying but that is not what happened. We were a team showing relegation forms when he joined. There was nothing wrong with the spirit today but individual errors cost us.

I believe Hughes has signed good players and we play good football but at the moment we aren't getting the results.

What happens if we get another manager and after his first 12 games we are getting nowhere do we sack him?

Obviously Hughes needs results to pick up a.s.a.p but I don't think now is the time to get rid.

True, individual errors have cost us plenty, and I tend not to blame the manager for those because they are beyond his control, other than dropping the player concerned, and I'm sure he would do if we had a decent enough squad. The shape of the team and the posession play in the first 2/3s of the pitch were ok today, the final ball was mostly awful but we had chances. We didn't look a million miles away from being a decent side on the attack, but that said, we were playing W.B. effing A. If Hughes is sacked now,all his transfer targets who have no doubt been tapped up already and waiting for January, will end up playing for a new manager who wouldn't necessarily want them. In May, when we've stayed up and won the UEFA cup it will all be ok, apart from no european football next season (don't think winners automatically qualify do they?). Shit! We need to win the FA cup too.

bluegorton said:
Revolver said:
After us losing league 3 games on the bounce its perfectly valid to question the manager without being on the receipt of abuse.

Its also a valid point that you can't support the man just because he is the manager in which case Clarke and Ball would still be here.

However it is also not uneasonable to point out that Hughes has had 12 league games which is not a lot of time. Plus if he had inherited a team that was going places then it would be even be more worrying but that is not what happened. We were a team showing relegation forms when he joined. There was nothing wrong with the spirit today but individual errors cost us.

I believe Hughes has signed good players and we play good football but at the moment we aren't getting the results.

What happens if we get another manager and after his first 12 games we are getting nowhere do we sack him?

Obviously Hughes needs results to pick up a.s.a.p but I don't think now is the time to get rid.

As long as the new manager is making progress/heading in the right direction, no of course not, but can you honestly say Hughes is heading in the right direction?
All these people who want Hughes to stay mustn't be going to watch games because no one in their right mind would want to watch the crap Hughes is serving up.

markbmcfc said:
I think all the Hughes out threads are pathetic, since they happen when we lose and not a word is mentioned regarding Hughes when we win.

dont we have to actually win every once i a while though to test your theory?

threadkiller said:
markbmcfc said:
I think all the Hughes out threads are pathetic, since they happen when we lose and not a word is mentioned regarding Hughes when we win.

lol

It's got the point from those who support Hughes/don't to them who want to see Championship football and those that don't. We are a joke and plummeting rapidly to the bottom, we cannot afford the risk of leaving this clown in charge. His team selections are bollocks, no plan B at all, his use of subs is pityful, he talks bollocks these days and none of the players want to play for him, and to top of the shit results, it's not even entertaining HOOF.

threadkiller said:
markbmcfc said:

Markbmcfc.

Mark B MCFC.

Mark BOWEN MCFC ????

Hmmmm.

;o)

DTeacher said:
threadkiller said:
markbmcfc said:

Markbmcfc.

Mark B MCFC.

Mark BOWEN MCFC ????

Hmmmm.

;o)

Good detective work there DTeacher. Took a bit of time but still faster than some murder cases. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.