In your honest opinion....

They're fairly even and they're both top class. You can try and say which one is better but either one on any day could out-perform the other, but they both consistently play to the highest of standards and are two of the best centre halves in the world for me

Don't watch enough of Vidic to have a valid opinion. I only ever watch the rags when it's derby day.
I do know that Vinny is the best defender we've had since Dave Watson.

timesprout said:
Salford_Blue said:
VK is our best player by a friggin mile, as Vidic is to manyooooo (in my humble opinion).

However, as Vidic has done it over a few years and against better opposition at times, that just about tips it for me.

Still want VK in Centre Midfield personally.
You want to move our best player this year to a different position ?

Have been reading the Mark Hughes book of tactics again ? ;)

His debut and subsequent matches in the middle were just amazing.

Its a quandary, because there is no-one who can replace him at CB of that calibre, But Barry is getting no younger and I think him and NDJ in the middle would be unbeatable.

I think Vidic is the best CB in the world, and has been for about 3 years. If Vinny can be that consistant and win the same amount of trophies then anything is possible.

Honestly I think Vidic is the best defender I've seen playing at the moment and one of the best players in the league, Kompany is getting there though.

Salford_Blue said:
timesprout said:
You want to move our best player this year to a different position ?

Have been reading the Mark Hughes book of tactics again ? ;)

His debut and subsequent matches in the middle were just amazing.

Its a quandary, because there is no-one who can replace him at CB of that calibre, But Barry is getting no younger and I think him and NDJ in the middle would be unbeatable.
I get your point now mate, against lesser opposition we could easily cope with the other centre halfs and move him forward (given our mid. injury crisis). but i dont think they is a need to destabilise the defence.

Vinny and Zabba in midfield did well for us on arrival, but on the other hand we did draw a lot of games, if memory serves me right. Now is the time to take the fight to teams not try to get a sneaky win whilst not conceeding many.

Vinny reminds me of an old footie chant from my childhood

at no 1 its vinny kompany, at no 2 its vinny kompany so on and so forth.
and to my mind his composure and distribution you could put him anywhere and he would do a decent job.....Just not better than he does as our rock at the back.

At the moment Vidic just shades it for me, he has been Uniteds most consistent defender for the past few years now (even if you do ignore his likeness for the odd elbow here and there).

However, I do think that Vidic and Kompany aren't a direct comparison. Vidic is much more a traditional tackling CB whereas our Kompany is much more comfortable on the ball, stays more upright in the tackle and has a much better eye for a pass.. no doubt due to his midfield background

So maybe the better question to ask would be

Is Kompany better than old Camel gob himself Rio (who is always talked about as the best ball playing CB we have produced since Bobby Moore)

friend said:
Salford_Blue said:
VK is our best player by a friggin mile, as Vidic is to manyooooo (in my humble opinion).

However, as Vidic has done it over a few years and against better opposition at times, that just about tips it for me.

Still want VK in Centre Midfield personally.

I'd agree with that.

:)

Centre Halves don't come cheap these days.

de niro said:
Armaan said:
Do you think that Kompany is better than Vidic??? I honestly think he is without being biased

vinny is the better footballer and is as good a defender.

we are lucky to have him.

THIS & he is yonger and the better Footballer..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.