Incident in Prestwich

Prestwich_Blue

It seems that a suspicious package has been found on a bus on Bury Old Road, near the junction with Singleton Road. Was driving home down Singleton Road in Broughton Park and it was sealed off, with armed police turning cars back. There's an empty bus that the bomb squad are apparently in attendance at and a man wearing a rucksack was seen acting suspiciously before the incident.

Hopefully nothing but these incidents tend to come in multiples.

Hopefully its nothing but its reassuring to see that if there is a threat, our police and security forces have got the public to safety at least.

Hopefully its nothing but its reassuring to see that if there is a threat, our police and security forces have got the public to safety at least.
It does appear to be nothing thank goodness and it seems the area is now clear.
I've not long since been home having gone up Bury New Road on the x43
You wouldn't have seen anything on Bury New Road but bizarrely the traffic seemed to be lighter than normal.

I went from Upper Park Road onto Singleton Road about twenty past five and it was as usual. Forty minutes later the bottom of Singleton Road towards Bury New Road was hammered as was the bottom end of Cavendish Road. Bury New Road northbound was a bit worse than usual but not as bad as I expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.