Independent article today

Hughes is fair to say that Elano isn't playing well, but has he seen the rest of his team!

Dunne and Richards are dreadful, Ben-Haim usually cocks-up or injures one of our own players. Vassell and Benjani would struggle getting in a League one side.

I'd rather Elano play than Vassell, at least then we can have somebody with a bit of craft and creativity who can pass then ball.

forevercity said:
Cheesy said:
Yet he's still contributed more in goals & assists than nearly everyone else in the team.

well said, but dont you know that elano is the devil?

Hitler>Elano according to the pro hughes camp

I think its time to spill forever. This is just non stop now.

Superhands said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps you should ask the person responsible for ensuring that situations like this don't develop. A Mr M Hughes.

maybe the problem lies with Elano not Hughes

is it reasonable to expect a manager to be able to handle every situation with every player ? maybe Elano is simply a rotten apple

his career trajectory is hardly impressive consdering his ability - he's 27, why isn't he playing for AC Milan or Juventus by now ? He's good enough in terms of ability

Oh, you have the makings of a good point.

I am not going to defend Elano. I don't think there is much defence to be honest and if the manager were to get rid then I would accept it.

However, that deals with one player. What I refer to is the rest of the squad. The 90% of other players (apart from say Ireland, Kompany and SWP) whom the club leak are just a bunch of wasters, not intersted, not up to it layabouts undermining the manager's revolutionary methods.

Are they all 'bad apples' too. Almost everyone of them players that have had long top flight careers or are rated as very good prospects.

Why are they all playing as if they have no team spirit? Where is the fight and commitment Hughes promised from them? Are we honestly being asked to believe we have a squd full of 90% wasters and disgraces to their profession? Cos thats what the leaks are suggesting. The blame lies with all but a handful of players who act in a professional manner whilst the others all dislike the manager.

Are you honestly asking us to believe that when, according to the briefs that the press has been given and according to the Hughes fans, the vast majority of the squad, a proven Premier League squad, are at odds with the manager this is not because the manager is at fault, its actually because he is just exceptionally unlucky to have inherited the only group of players in the country who are not visionary enough to buy into his revolution?

How unlucky for Hughes is that. It seems that if he were managing ny other group of player, perhaps one that included Bellamy and Warnock, then the £100m he is spending would result in top 6 and not bottom 3.

Superhands said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps you should ask the person responsible for ensuring that situations like this don't develop. A Mr M Hughes.

is it reasonable to expect a manager to be able to handle every situation with every player ? maybe Elano is simply a rotten apple

his career trajectory is hardly impressive consdering his ability - he's 27, why isn't he playing for AC Milan or Juventus by now ? He's good enough in terms of ability

maybe the problem lies with BOTH. have you seen a match lately? obviously, little miss Elano isn't the only one that Hughes is having trouble motivating. like Elano, at some point Hughes has to take responsibility for doing (or not doing) his job, instead of crying to the press like a jilted schoolgirl...

for what it's worth i am not one of the knee-jerk anti-Hughes crew, i am merely looking at his failure to do what a manager is brought in to do.

zeusbheld said:
Superhands said:

maybe the problem lies with BOTH. have you seen a match lately? obviously, little miss Elano isn't the only one that Hughes is having trouble motivating. like Elano, at some point Hughes has to take responsibility for doing (or not doing) his job, instead of crying to the press like a jilted schoolgirl...

for what it's worth i am not one of the knee-jerk anti-Hughes crew, i am merely looking at his failure to do what a manager is brought in to do.

This is the problem, he is using the press as a place to fight his dressing room battles, every fucking day we are seemingly getting more and more and that is just plain wrong...it's can not be helping the situation at all and it sure as hell isn't going to help the club sign anybody let alone the coverted superstars.

IMHO Hughes is just looking like he is out of his depth.

Glyn said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hughes-vents-anger-on-citys-boys-from-brazil-1208530.html

So who can't man-manage talent and was a player where the culture was bullying and intimidation?
Who is so tactically inept that City played pretty well the whole game on Sunday as if it were the last minute of extra time in a play-off final to avoid the drop when a more measured approach agains West Brom (West Brom FFS!) would at least have got a point away from home.
Who are the richest club in the world managed by a former occasional manager of a tiny country to the East of Ireland who is taking them (back) into melt-down?

Move along Mr Hughes please!

Kin ell, just read the article,the man is not learning he was calling the fans the other day for expecting to much !now he,s slagging off players in public,every game he has an excuse " they went down to 10 men and it made it harder for us ?" was at fulham the other week when he walked across the pitch to avoid contact with us CITY FANS.The man has no connection with fans ,players, media, and you can not learn that at his stage of life.ARROGANT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.