India vs England Test Series 2016

We're completely unable to defend.

Full of T20 players who only want to smash it to the boundary.

If your bowling attack is as poor as ours (in these conditions) you need batsmen who can occupy the crease and don't mind scoring 25 in 100 balls.

Most of our team lacks the temperament and technique to bat long and slow.
Cue Geoff B......

This is some achievement to lose by an innings after batting first and scoring 477.

Would love to know how someone else captaining the side would suddenly halt collapses or stop Moeen charging up the wicket like he did.

I'm not saying Cook is beyond reproach but I'm not sure this particular failed series can be put on his head.

I worry what captaincy would do to Root. That said, we may get more out of Cook with the bat if he's freed of the burden. It's not often a fast bowler gets the gig but I'd maybe give Broad the job for now.

Would love to know how someone else captaining the side would suddenly halt collapses or stop Moeen charging up the wicket like he did.

I'm not saying Cook is beyond reproach but I'm not sure this particular failed series can be put on his head.

I worry what captaincy would do to Root. That said, we may get more out of Cook with the bat if he's freed of the burden. It's not often a fast bowler gets the gig but I'd maybe give Broad the job for now.

Just changing the fielding at the right time and bowl to a different plan can get a wicket! A new captain means new ideas, we wont know how good Root will be or if he has it as a captain until he captains the side.

I have been sitting on the fence about Cook, whilst I think he has improved from where he was, the last 2 tests have made me start to think those that think he should go are right. All the England camp have been behind him, all the comments were backing him to the hilt, so I couldnt see it happening, that along with how stubborn Cook is as a person, but it is very hard to get away with how abject we have been. India is a hard place to tour, they were clear favourites for the series many predicting 5-0, however the pitches havent been raging Bunsen's and we could have drawn the last 2 tests with a bit of fight. In addition to this the selectors need bringing to task, confused selection in the third and forth test, taking and playing so many seamers in conditions that were never going to suit them was ridiculous. India played 2 seamers, they know the conditions, we went in with 4 in the 4th test, absolute rubbish.

I didnt see this morning however, the last 2 tests have been pathetic, no fight, no backbone when a bit of gumption was needed, as others have said too many with a T20 attitude to scoring when you need to stay in first, the oft used line, you cant score runs sat in the dressing room.

I'm not sure Root is too young anymore, he certainly was last time Cook's position came into question, Root is 25 now and has played over 50 tests, i'd say that is enough, Vaughan and Nasser werent that much older and probably played less tests than that when they took over.

Highest first innings score of any team to lose by an Innings. What is it about the England Cricket team and unwanted records?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.