India vs England Test Series 2016

Just changing the fielding at the right time and bowl to a different plan can get a wicket! A new captain means new ideas, we wont know how good Root will be or if he has it as a captain until he captains the side.

It's easy to say change the field but frankly they could have had an extra couple of fielders on the pitch and done little better. When your first choice spinner is a batsman who has a dabble and the second guy is a trundler with no test record behind him you're doomed.

Cook could have been pressuring the selectors to get more spinners in and drop seamers but if Moeen and Rashid are the best we have maybe there simply isn't anyone else. You can't chuck some village bowler out there for the sake of it.

It's easy to say change the field but frankly they could have had an extra couple of fielders on the pitch and done little better. When your first choice spinner is a batsman who has a dabble and the second guy is a trundler with no test record behind him you're doomed.

Cook could have been pressuring the selectors to get more spinners in and drop seamers but if Moeen and Rashid are the best we have maybe there simply isn't anyone else. You can't chuck some village bowler out there for the sake of it.

I would suggest rather than go in with 4 seamers, 2 spinners and Root as a part timer or 3 seamers 3 spinner and Root, we would have been far better having a recognised batsman batting at 3 or 4, the selectors got it wrong, repeatedly throughout the series. I am sure Steve Finn has had a lovely holiday, staying in nice hotels, lovely weather, watching a bit of cricket, why take 6 seamers to the subcontinent, madness, India have played 2 in each test, they know the conditions, they know how few wickets fall to seam. It wasnt long ago that England were playing 4 bowlers in even the hottest toughest conditions like Australia, having an all rounders gives you 5 bowlers, which is a luxury in test cricket. 6 bowlers and a decent part timer, not only confuses matters, it weakens the batting. In various tests Ansari, Batty, Woakes and Stokes have been virtually unused as bowlers and with the exception of Stokes, makes them completely a waste of a player.

got to go NOW cook and get the summer tests to bed in a new captain for the ashes

it been plain to see in india that cook is crap and wrong and this last test been so shocking you think we are 3 up and not india and just taking the piss. what did cook see that we all missed we went over there with nothing and a patched up batting line up and a bunch of part time spin and 2 spinners that don't spin the ball. and the talk of england having a good chance of winning over in india hahhahahahhahaha

this is going to hard to defend and whatever cook comes up with how can he defend the non tac tics in the field and batting. the end of cook was in india 1st innings in the last test he just did not have a clue how to play or set a field and just had 6 on the rope that my friends is GAME OVER in my book

am not saying just give root the job but england need a captain with ideas and a strong back bone to stand up to the ECB and get the players he wants. also england must sort out the batting order with or without cook and that means a opening pair that can have time in the team and 7 test before the ashes is a gamble and if root is going to take over then finding a place for him to bat captain the team

this should not have come to this england knew what is coming up and the tour to india should have been a strong team with every thing in place and know need to field a weaken team and give 4 players there caps in a place like india. cook should have covered his back and come out and say we are not good enough in the spinners department and we are going to play 2 seam bowlers and 2 swing and hope the height and bounce can give the india players some chin music but NOPE and in the words of boycott lolly pop stuff and my gran can bowl better

if cook stays and the ECB paper over the cracks this summer and set the pitches to suit swing like every english summer under cook then it will be a white wash in the ashes in 2017 and cook will be sacked over there in the 2nd test after being 2 down mark my words england and cook are not good enough to beat the aussies in there own back yard

I thought up a method to get Kohli out after the second test which could work, England put that plan in in the last test! Around the wicket full and wide or short and around the wicket! Duncan Fletcher was a great coach on how to get certain batsmen out, I feel this series there wasn't much of any plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.