Inigo Martinez

No idea how intense things are in the Basque country, but would it be likely for a player to switch from Sociedad to Bilbao? I suppose it would all rely on Martinez as he has a release clause, but that creates a lot of pressure on him to make a decision.

No idea how intense things are in the Basque country, but would it be likely for a player to switch from Sociedad to Bilbao? I suppose it would all rely on Martinez as he has a release clause, but that creates a lot of pressure on him to make a decision.
In my opinion, scanning social media the response from Athletic fans makes this possible transfer look like their version of JFE. They would rather go with academy players and the CBs that played today Yeray and Unai Nunez.

In my opinion, scanning social media the response from Athletic fans makes this possible transfer look like their version of JFE. They would rather go with academy players and the CBs that played today Yeray and Unai Nunez.
Athletic are Basque nationalist and a lot of their fans (nowhere near all) would be separatist. Real Sociedad are (as you can tell by the name) the crown chartered club and lean more towards loyalism and Spain/Spanish nationality. It's not a rivalry at Roma/Lazio or Rangers/Celtic levels but if he makes the move he should probably start looking for a house in Bilbao straight away. Especially with the political climate over there heating up again.

Rumors also they want Merino from Newcastle, would be a nice addition , don’t know why Benitez dropped him, he looked good when he played

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.