Inigo Martinez

In case you haven't noticed we spent £17m on a tiny goal keeper who can't save a shot just because he can pass a ball. Get a dose of reality.

Yeh we did, only for Pep to acknowledge the physical nature of this league, post Leicester away, by changing tack defensively and ultimately dropping that "tiny goalkeeper". Oh and he's now gone out and spent £34m on another one who's considerably bigger. Got any other nonsense?

I'd be more inclined to think that the 'fucking idiot' is the person who can't read. My post says we need someone who can "dominate opponents physically AS WELL AS bring the ball out comfortably from the back". At no point do I advocate the purchase of Ryan fucking Shawcross or anyone of similar ilk. That clear enough for you?
Such as? I mean ideally we would have 11 men who can dominate physically and use their feet well. You need to chill your beans mate you sound ridiculous spoiling for a fight 'fuck' this and 'fuck' that and 'fucking idiot' sound like a child.

Such as? I mean ideally we would have 11 men who can dominate physically and use their feet well. You need to chill your beans mate you sound ridiculous spoiling for a fight 'fuck' this and 'fuck' that and 'fucking idiot' sound like a child.

Ideally yes we would (very obviously) want 11 such players, however the problem is particularly acute at centre half in a system such as the one we employ with the full backs pushing forward. Elsewhere on the field you can win the ball back by pressing space, by doubling up on opponents, and so forth. Our centre backs though are routinely exposed and asked to defend one on one in oceans of space way more often than centre backs at other clubs. Kompany is very good at it as you would expect, but I watched Otamendi in particular, as well as Stones and Kolarov, get 'walked through' or muscled off the ball on too many occasions for us not to need a horses for physical courses upgrade (just off the top of my head Llorente, Lukaku, Costa, Wellbeck, the fella who chipped home Monaco's second and whose name escapes me, Wickham and even Rashford, all levered our defenders aside and went on to either score or nearly score). Again this isn't Spain. 80% of our opponents last season started with a big powerful target man to hit quick balls over our midfield to, and Pep recognised that fact fairly early on.
I'm sorry my profanity makes me appear childish. I feel the same about ill considered, sarcastic, smarty arsed bollocks, which, purely in my opinion of course, your original reply had in abundance.....

Could it be that we are still waiting to see how Kompany stands up to pre season before deciding on Martinez? I dont know much about Martinez (actually I dont know anything about him apart from what I've read on here), but he seems to be the sort of centre back who would be useful playing alongside a fit Vinny. Whereas if Vinny breaks down again, or the medics decide he needs to be used sparingly, we would need a much more physical player and would probably be prepared to pay £50m rather than £27m to get one.

Be surprised if we spent another 30 odd million on a centre back.

Its a risk but I would be happy with going into next season with Kompany/Stones/Otamendi/Denayer/Tosin

Be surprised if we spent another 30 odd million on a centre back.

Its a risk but I would be happy with going into next season with Kompany/Stones/Otamendi/Denayer/Tosin

Tosin aint ready

Denayer may have (according to some on here) burnt his bridges at city

without Kompany both Stones and Ottomendi look vulnerable......
I absolutely think we need another centre half....who that is however I have not clue

Out: Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov. (Navas who played some matches in defence. 4 (5)

In: Walker, Danilo, Mendy. 3.

No doubt we need a defender. A left footed cb who may play left back is perfect.

If we play Walker and Mendy Wednesday Night in CL, then we Need more than Danilo on Saturday.

Tosin aint ready

Denayer may have (according to some on here) burnt his bridges at city

without Kompany both Stones and Ottomendi look vulnerable......
I absolutely think we need another centre half....who that is however I have not clue
Id be surprised if tosin wasnt at least a squad player after signing that new contract. Be a bit of kick in the teeth to him if we sign another 30 million centre back.

We should bin of the Silvas as well and get big tall midfielders instead.[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.