Inigo Martinez

Id be surprised if tosin wasnt at least a squad player after signing that new contract. Be a bit of kick in the teeth to him if we sign another 30 million centre back.
If it weren't for Kompany's injury problems I'd agree, when he needs resting for niggles or fatigue, I think we need someone experienced to come in and sit beside our other CBs who don't seem confident playing together. I'm not saying Martinez is that defender though, Bonucci would have been good, old enough for Tosin to see he can still be part of the future of the City team providing we give him game time and ease him in.

Out: Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov. (Navas who played some matches in defence. 4 (5)

In: Walker, Danilo, Mendy. 3.

No doubt we need a defender. A left footed cb who may play left back is perfect.

If we play Walker and Mendy Wednesday Night in CL, then we Need more than Danilo on Saturday.

Someone like Mangala :)

Left footed, very capable of playing LB and CB. Pings the ball around like Pep likes, experienced but still young enough. Not the biggest but doesn't look like a complete push over either. Scored some outrageous goals with his left foot - which we don't need but... always nice to have in the locker. I like the look of this guy a lot.

£26 million seems like a very decent price here.

Yeh we did, only for Pep to acknowledge the physical nature of this league, post Leicester away, by changing tack defensively and ultimately dropping that "tiny goalkeeper". Oh and he's now gone out and spent £34m on another one who's considerably bigger. Got any other nonsense?

You consider 2 inches considerably bigger?

Hope there's little truth in this one. The (admittedly) few times I've seen him play I was not impressed. Diving in recklessly and unnecessarily. If we're going to sign another CB then let's sign a solid defender that reads the game well rather than another ball-playing CB. This guy only looked decent in possession.

I'd rather keep Mangala. And Mangala is shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.