Inside Football with Guillem Balague - Manchester City: Super Club

Well worth a listen, thanks for posting the link.
Loved the fact they kept saying Manchester City is a super club and this on Talk Sport.
Zaba great as usual, what a fantastic ambassador he is for our club.

Not quite sure I like the whole "unique football club" bollocks from Nick Cushing. That is somewhat redolent of other football clubs that became far too pumped up by their own importance. All football clubs are unique, of course, but some aren't more unique than others.

Spot on. And it's a slippery slope from there to starting to drone on about one's 'istreeeeee. That said I would contend that if City is unique in some particular way then it's in having been synonymous with an assortment of truly extreme highs and lows over the course of the last 40 years. I'd love to know the life expectancy of your average City fan compared to that of fans of other clubs.....

Last edited:
Spot on. And it's a slippery slope from there to starting to drone on about one's 'istreeeeee. That said I would contend that if City is unique in some particular way then it's in having been synonymous with an assortment of truly extreme highs and lows over the course of the last 40 years. I'd love to know the life expectancy of your average City fan compared to that of fans of other clubs.....
I would say that you are uniquely pessimistic ;-)

Not quite sure I like the whole "unique football club" bollocks from Nick Cushing. That is somewhat redolent of other football clubs that became far too pumped up by their own importance. All football clubs are unique, of course, but some aren't more unique than others.

Redolent of the nonsense that Brenda Bodger might have come up with - the phrase that used to make me laugh was when they inserted the word 'football' before 'club' when it would have been obvious what the context was. Sounds very 'Dipperish'!

Redolent of the nonsense that Brenda Bodger might have come up with - the phrase that used to make me laugh was when they inserted the word 'football' before 'club' when it would have been obvious what the context was. Sounds very 'Dipperish'!
We need to guard against bollocks like this, DE. The first time I hear a club official saying "the City way" a part of me will die inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.