Interesting Financial Times article on transfer spending this summer

LHarper

Sorry if this is best served in the General Football Forum mods (move as appropriate):

https://www.ft.com/content/19d303ce-889d-11e7-bf50-e1c239b45787

Interesting figure:

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F17273aa0-8965-11e7-bf50-e1c239b45787

"Bernardo Silva doesn't offer any improvement over City's leading alternatives" - the guy who wrote it knows f*ck all about the game. It was the most needed signing (not counting fullbacks).

Haha there go go Lukaku is the best signing this summer and Bernado is shit.
Ridiculously frustrating reading that about Bernardo, but understandable about Lukaku. I'm surprised Ederson, Walker and Mendy aren't expected to have that much of an impact given who we had at fullback last season and Bravo's woes. Matic's impact also doesn't seem as large as I would have expected.

That Lukaku stuff is utter nonsense since it's clear that he is replacing Zlatan as first choice, not rashford or whoever else.

"Bernardo Silva doesn't offer any improvement over City's leading alternatives" - the guy who wrote it knows f*ck all about the game. It was the most needed signing (not counting fullbacks).

So you are saying he's better than KDB or SIlva? They have his assessment right. "Adds depth and versatility to the squad."

In other words...as good as the others in midfield.

So you are saying he's better than KDB or SIlva? They have his assessment right. "Adds depth and versatility to the squad."

In other words...as good as the others in midfield.
Their assessment is jackshit. Mendy has like 10% impact on points total in that figure. Are you telling me that having Mendy over zero fucking leftbacks is going to have less of an impact than Lindelof who isn't even starting? Whatever algorithm they've used to compute that is dogshit.

Their assessment is jackshit. Mendy has like 10% impact on points total in that figure. Are you telling me that having Mendy over zero fucking leftbacks is going to have less of an impact than Lindelof who isn't even starting? Whatever algorithm they've used to compute that is dogshit.

I wasn't talking about Mendy I was talking about Bernard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.