interference at the top

mancunial

in the guardian their is a piece by daniel taylor and andy hunter stating that david gill approached mike riley in the directors box at half time to remonstrate why carragher was not sent off for is challenge on nani, it sent my memory into the adebayor incident last season, which i always felt that something had gone on at the fa to fast track his punishment before the 4-3 atkinson defeat, i find it ridiculous that he can use his authority for the benefit of his own club, when he more than likely gets a bonus from the club if united win the premiership, where was gill when Rooney did g b h on mccarthy at wigan last week, surely if the guy his abusing his power as a fa director then he should be replaced? thoughts please guys?

The difference between corruption in English football and corruption in Italian football? They got caught.

mancunial said:
in the guardian their is a piece by daniel taylor and andy hunter stating that david gill approached mike riley in the directors box at half time to remonstrate why carragher was not sent off for is challenge on nani, it sent my memory into the adebayor incident last season, which i always felt that something had gone on at the fa to fast track his punishment before the 4-3 atkinson defeat, i find it ridiculous that he can use his authority for the benefit of his own club, when he more than likely gets a bonus from the club if united win the premiership, where was gill when Rooney did g b h on mccarthy at wigan last week, surely if the guy his abusing his power as a fa director then he should be replaced? thoughts please guys?

to be honest and for fear of being called a rag the standard of refering is utterely fookin appaling - there is utterely no consistency - that was a clear red - Ballo gets a yellow for being a gobby shite and Carragher get a yellow for possibly one of the worst tackles this year

Woilves had a perfectly decent goal disalowwed yesterday - we have the Rooney incident - Chelski game and this list goes on and on

Players dont help to be honest - and Rooney "salmon" like fall when he was fouled by Luiz sums the cheating nasty fooker up

Has that tackle been on Silva whom is one of our most influencial players (as is Nani for the rags) if Cooke had not done what Gill had i would be fookin annoyed

baldybouncer said:
Surely, you don't really expect Gill to remonstrate with the officials to get Rooney banned!!

No i dont - i expect the referee to do his fokin job and Shrek or Carragher would get a three match ban

dctid said:
mancunial said:

to be honest and for fear of being called a rag the standard of refering is utterely fookin appaling - there is utterely no consistency - that was a clear red - Ballo gets a yellow for being a gobby shite and Carragher get a yellow for possibly one of the worst tackles this year

Woilves had a perfectly decent goal disalowwed yesterday - we have the Rooney incident - Chelski game and this list goes on and on

Players dont help to be honest - and Rooney "salmon" like fall when he was fouled by Luiz sums the cheating nasty fooker up

Has that tackle been on Silva whom is one of our most influencial players (as is Nani for the rags) if Cooke had not done what Gill had i would be fookin annoyed

But Cooke is not on the FA board, hence it being a conflict of interest for Gill.

Re OP - do you have a link pls

baldybouncer said:
Surely, you don't really expect Gill to remonstrate with the officials to get Rooney banned!!
no BB but what i am saying is he should not be approaching any official because of the power he is entrusted with, if he has something to say as a fa executive then he should do it across the board, so ie conflict of interest? he should not be approaching any official with a view to gaining united preferencial treatment, now he should be sanctioned for his abuse of power?

sweep said:
The difference between corruption in English football and corruption in Italian football? They got caught.

Nah. The difference is mindset. The Italians were just using bribes and backhanders given behind locked doors to arrange things their way, and everyone knew it was illegal. Here, it's like a gentlemens' club. They don't bribe the refs, they exert their standing and use the way that people respect and defer to those in authority to cow people into doing what they want, and those at the bottom actively want to be influenced because it's a way of joining the club. It's not really technically illegal because all they have to do is say a few words and their ideas spread - no actual agreements are ever reached. Thus, they can get away with it, because according to the rules, they've done nothing wrong.

If Gill tried to pay off a referee it would be out in the papers like a shot, you can bet on it. The difference is that people like Gill bend the system to their will, whereas the Italians just go "I don't even care that there is a system".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.