International Matches | November 9th - 16th

Problem is ... no matter how we pick a team and build as soon as we lose a match in a World Cup everyone wants a complete overhaul ..’Manager has to go’ ‘why is so and so playing ‘ ‘why are we not being more direct ‘ ... Radio phone ins, 29 pages in the paper of ‘what went wrong’ and forums like this. Months of demanding change.

Totally agree, English football fans are too tribal these days to see the obvious. You only have to read the posts on here plus the shit they have given to Sterling sums them up.
I wouldn't be surprised if Raheem deliberately pulled out of these last two games.

Totally agree, English football fans are too tribal these days to see the obvious. You only have to read the posts on here plus the shit they have given to Sterling sums them up.
I wouldn't be surprised if Raheem deliberately pulled out of these last two games.

Abuse of Sterling was and is shameful, you're totally right, fans are too tribal when it comes to England - a player who plays for a team they don't like will never do right and that then generates to the Manager and eventually to England

Southgate is the ideal manager for the FA. He wears a nice suit and talks bollux. Tactical acumen ? Nah.

I, for one am prepared to give Southgate more time than most on here. Many seem to have a preconceived idea how Southgate is.
I know he's not the most charismatic person, but i believe he will give young players a chance. He's not been in the job long and
god forbid we'd have failed to qualify, then he would have got even more of a slating. The England manager can never win.
The big problem is, we have very few good midfielders. Dier is OK as a holding mid, but we have no creative outlet. For me
Wilshere should be in the squad. I know this is going to sound anti rag, but I don't care.

Rashford is fucking useless. I've seen a new born giraffe with better ball control.

I, for one am prepared to give Southgate more time than most on here. Many seem to have a preconceived idea how Southgate is.
I know he's not the most charismatic person, but i believe he will give young players a chance. He's not been in the job long and
god forbid we'd have failed to qualify, then he would have got even more of a slating. The England manager can never win.
The big problem is, we have very few good midfielders. Dier is OK as a holding mid, but we have no creative outlet. For me
Wilshere should be in the squad. I know this is going to sound anti rag, but I don't care.

Rashford is fucking useless. I've seen a new born giraffe with better ball control.
Well, I hope optimism is justified. We'll find out in the summer. Meanwhile, real CLUB football is back. Huzzah!

As far as England goes I know we haven't been playing well but I do think we almost have a core of young talented players to build around going into Russia, it pains me to say it but Spurs have given us some key players.

Kane up top is an easy choice he's the best we have and the best chance we have of having a good tournament if he gets off to a scoring start.

Sterling has to play but to get the best out of him(and Kane perhaps) he needs pace from the other flank to give the opposition more to think about. Who do we have though? Ideally Sterling plays on the right but nobody else can play on the left(unless Rashford plays there? Certainly a better option than including Oxlade-Chamberlain in the team) which probably means Sterling left wing and Walcott right wing for me or someone who can match that kind of pace.

Deli Ali in Attack mid, he's a bit of a nob but he's probably the best we have for holding onto the ball and unlocking defences with a key pass. Lallana can be backup for him as we will need to rotate.

I'd go with two ball playing Def Midfielders(double pivot?) but the two best candidates(Dier and Henderson) for it are normally dreadful for England and were even worse when played together(it didn't work but I can at least see what he was thinking). Does England not have any DM's anymore? I can't think of any candidates to challenge them off the top of my head.

Defence I think on paper we are quite strong here we have 4 good fullbacks, at CB Stones, Cahill(I'd still play him over Jones) and Maguire is starting to look very good to me too... with practice they can form a solid unit hopefully.

Keeper - I hate to say it but I think maybe Hart should be backup to Pickford as long as Pickford retains this form for England he's shown. We should still take Hart to Russia though as we may need him.

Last edited:
Everyone wanted to see young players used and now they have been unfortunately the gulf in talent is clear. Until the FA work with the league to make sure more English players get opportunities e.g through requiring 2 to start and 2 on the bench every game (or something to that degree) we will struggle.

Two 0-0 draws against the best two teams in the world (France and Spain might argue) is decent with so many out injured. But we just cannot pass so counter attacking is how we have to play. With Kane, Sterling, Alli etc missing it is whether Southgate still thinks we could play a passing game against this level of opposition. We couldn't.

Problem is ... no matter how we pick a team and build as soon as we lose a match in a World Cup everyone wants a complete overhaul ..’Manager has to go’ ‘why is so and so playing ‘ ‘why are we not being more direct ‘ ... Radio phone ins, 29 pages in the paper of ‘what went wrong’ and forums like this. Months of demanding change.

Yes but when it's Iceland we lose to!!!!!!

anigif_enhanced-6072-1412692076-10.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.