Internationals 5th-11th October

The development system in the US is dog shit. I hope this will put some criticism in the mess that Gulati and his cronies have creates. There is absolutely no reason for club teams to provided decent training when they just charge ridiculous sums from soccer moms. Thank God other international teams gain something from the MLS. Because the game at national level is busted.

Is it not just cyclical? From the outsiders perspective I just thought there was a dearth of players. Pulisic apart you were relying on Dempsey and I think even DaMarcus Beasley was featuring? The numerous choice of goalkeepers you had like Howard etc no longer playing. I can’t think of many more players other than Geoff Cameron and I noted than none of the NYCFC USA players got a sniff other than Mix who went off the radar when he flopped in NYC.

A freak own goal for Honduras and a ghost goal for Panama.

Everything went against the US that had to but to be fair the biggest one was that they lost their own match.
They had a freak own goal of their own

Unless Gonzalez was going for a Lewandowski-esque worldy.

The development system in the US is dog shit. I hope this will put some criticism in the mess that Gulati and his cronies have creates. There is absolutely no reason for club teams to provided decent training when they just charge ridiculous sums from soccer moms. Thank God other international teams gain something from the MLS. Because the game at national level is busted.
Soccer Moms? I'm sure I've seen a video

Is it not just cyclical? From the outsiders perspective I just thought there was a dearth of players. Pulisic apart you were relying on Dempsey and I think even DaMarcus Beasley was featuring? The numerous choice of goalkeepers you had like Howard etc no longer playing. I can’t think of many more players other than Geoff Cameron and I noted than none of the NYCFC USA players got a sniff other than Mix who went off the radar when he flopped in NYC.

Nope. It's because the authorities that be still see soccer "not a real sport" or an aberration. Why build a futsal court when we can charge for shitty weekend competition. Kids don't play in a kick arounds they have to wait until they have scheduled practices per age group. Shit hasn't changed since I I was a kid. I. mean you can be like Donovan and spend countless hours by yourself or be like Dempsey and have your parents drive you to tournaments. My cousin is a high school coach and he's confirmed a lot of this frustration.
But I honestly don't think the US is really interested in change. They want the kids playing basketball and American football because that's where they can make money off them.... The youth coaches justify their existence, the shoes & apparel companies can sell the shoes and jerseys, the NCAA and AAU can continue to sell tournament and bowl games. Any interest this country shows in "football" is minor and perfunctory at best.

So no US in Russia. Conspiracists will have a field day.

...or Ukraine.
Perhaps - but the USA simply isn't a good side at all. I think we're approximately as good as Honduras/Panama - but not clearly better. Failure to qualify for the World Cup is unfortunate but completely within reason because our side doesn't deserve to be in the WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.