Internationals and the effect they have on City and other clubs

bluelol

Having observed yet again players going off to international duty and getting injured is to me frustrating beyond belief. We are all fully aware that playing for your country is a honour however, when it’s the clubs that pay the wages and transfer fees should clubs be compensated in some way for the possible disruptive effect this could have on them over a season. My personal view is that I pay to watch my team and the players that represent my team, ok some may say that it a selfish attitude but my answer to that is that internationals especially friendlies are not on my important list where my club is concerned.

I agree with you entirely, but if I'm honest if it was a load of rags rather than or lot getting injured I wouldn't give a shit.

I agree with you entirely, but if I'm honest if it was a load of rags rather than or lot getting injured I wouldn't give a shit.

I'd go further and say if it was rags getting injured on international duty I'd be pleased. Don't think for 1 minute the rags won't be jumping for joy that Sergio and Silva could be out for the derby

Regardless of who has been injured during International matches, I've lost interest/passion in watching Int. Games now.
I fell asleep tonight watching the England game.
This has nothing to do with how poor the match was, it was mainly because well I just don't give a shit anymore whether we win, lose or draw.

Int. matches had their place many years ago as a means of showing diplomacy amongst nations and also was a good spectacle to test each other's
abilities but in 2015 - we have leagues in this sport such as the English Prem League where last week only %29 of the starting players were British.

So what's the fucking point? peoople from all different nations are playing amongst each other on a regular basis in leagues all over the world.
Many British lads have gone over to the States and play.
What's the point in International Football?

We're such a multi-race world now, this planet is so much smaller, I mean the two goals scored tonight by England.... from Theo Walcott and Raheem Sterling.
Sterling's mother was from Jamaica right?
And Theo's father was apparently Jamaican.
Add to this we've had a Italian and a Swede managing the national team in recent years... It's fucking pointless except for lining the pockets of The FA and their corporate twat sponsors.

all this national anthem singing bollocks... go fuck the queen, she ain't no human being.

Regardless of who has been injured during International matches, I've lost interest/passion in watching Int. Games now.
I fell asleep tonight watching the England game.
This has nothing to do with how poor the match was, it was mainly because well I just don't give a shit anymore whether we win, lose or draw.

Int. matches had their place many years ago as a means of showing diplomacy amongst nations and also was a good spectacle to test each other's
abilities but in 2015 - we have leagues in this sport such as the English Prem League where last week only %29 of the starting players were British.

So what's the fucking point? peoople from all different nations are playing amongst each other on a regular basis in leagues all over the world.
Many British lads have gone over to the States and play.
What's the point in International Football?

We're such a multi-race world now, this planet is so much smaller, I mean the two goals scored tonight by England.... from Theo Walcott and Raheem Sterling.
Sterling's mother was from Jamaica right?
And Theo's father was apparently Jamaican.
Add to this we've had a Italian and a Swede managing the national team in recent years... It's fucking pointless except for lining the pockets of The FA and their corporate twat sponsors.

all this national anthem singing bollocks... go fuck the queen, she ain't no human being.
Some very interesting points made, perhaps these may contribute to why it appears so many are against the internationals now without possibly realising??

I hate International football with a passion and always have. Even International tournaments bore the fuck out of me unless the very top nations play each other in the latter stages.

The last time I even got to watch a meaningful amount of matches during a tournament was years ago when I'd just left school. How many people seriously have the time to watch many tournament matches anyway given work commitments and with moaning partners wanting to watch Coronation Street.

I hate International football with a passion and always have. Even International tournaments bore the fuck out of me unless the very top nations play each other in the latter stages.

The last time I even got to watch a meaningful amount of matches during a tournament was years ago when I'd just left school. How many people seriously have the time to watch many tournament matches anyway given work commitments and with moaning partners wanting to watch Coronation Street.

I'll second that!!

Very true.

I will watch England throughout a tournament but I won't take very much interest unless you get a game like Germany vs Spain.

There is no way I am spending a Thursday tea time watching Norway vs Ecuador.

It would be good to find out the viewing figures of some of the lesser games in Euro and international tournaments.

Actually as far as I know if an injury is lengthy than the FA responsible is supposed to pay wages of that player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.