Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

Andy G

After my Joe Mercer article, thought you might be interested in this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/you/artic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/you/artic</a> ... Sorry.html

Apparently at that time there was a huge group of Liverpool fans who tore a few cities they visited up so bad that the police just put them into the grounds without tickets rather than take them to the station. The blood is on their hands as well.

R.I.P. to those poor people who lost their lives.

It's very easy to say "Let it go" when you're detached from it but the authorities screw up, nearly 100 people die and it's an "accident". An innocent man gets shot seven times in the head because of the glaringly obvious failures of the Met at all levels and its an "accident".

What I think would be interesting, what would have the police have advised(in terms of action)had it been SWFC officals that had made the choices that the police themselves had made? my guess is draconian.

Banned Tosspot said:
Apparently at that time there was a huge group of Liverpool fans who tore a few cities they visited up so bad that the police just put them into the grounds without tickets rather than take them to the station. The blood is on their hands as well.
If you actually take the time to research the facts instead of spouting the shite that the Sun came out with you'll find that wasn't a significant factor at all.

PistonBlue said:
There were a lot of mistakes made that day by the police, but they are not the only ones at fault. The Liverpool fans who thought they could turn up without a ticket and just barge their way in must take some repsonsibility for Hillsborough too.

Your right, although I'm guessing that pretty much all the people that died had tickets and where doing nothing but wanting to watch their team play, it was the ones at the back pushing that PERHAPS should take some blame. However the Police code of conduct reads as follows:

"To uphold the Queen's peace without favour or affection, malice or ill will, and to enforce the law fairly and firmly, to prevent crime, to pursue and bring to justice those who break the law, to keep the Queen's peace, to protect, help and reassure the community and to be seen to do all this with integrity, common sense and sound judgment."

Is there any of that that the SYP actually achieved that day, in fact I would go further, THEY HAD A DUTY of protection an FAILED and its simply not good enough for them to claim that Liverpool fans caused it.

PistonBlue said:
There were a lot of mistakes made that day by the police, but they are not the only ones at fault. The Liverpool fans who thought they could turn up without a ticket and just barge their way in must take some repsonsibility for Hillsborough too.
Agreed, but i don't think L'pool fans are denying that,i've been in the Lepping's Lane End & it's very similar to the old scoreboard end at the swamp & when we scored at the swamp you couldn't help being pushed forward by the fans behind.
The specific problem the familys & the groups backing the action against the Police have are the lies or cover up, this has left the Police in the position of having NO responsibility for what happened
No one had a key for the gates at the bottom of the stand which in itself would have made a huge difference to the amount of people killed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.