Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

The bottomline is that, we are a country that is relatively free and a cover up is only able to be achieved by the support or perhaps the apathy would be a better term to use, of the general public. One thing that having lived in the US for a number of years taught me was that small interest groups can be heard(take the NRA in the US for example). Football supporters across the country are not a small group by any means, but this post shows the issues that face those that are hoping for justice, not everyone is in agreement even within the football community where the blame here lays. Those of us who where around at the time(and I’m guessing most of the people on the board)experienced what Thatcherite Britain was like and particully what policing at football grounds was like. We were in the eyes of our own government and police, criminals and to the South Yorkshire Police those at the front where just as guilty as those at the back. If those that where wronged can’t convince people from this board how can they ever hope to convince Middle-England that only believes what it reads in the British Press?

PistonBlue said:
There were a lot of mistakes made that day by the police, but they are not the only ones at fault. The Liverpool fans who thought they could turn up without a ticket and just barge their way in must take some repsonsibility for Hillsborough too.

rag

Immaculate Pasta said:
A mixture of shitty police and the shittiness of Liverpool fans caused 96 people to die. It was both their faults and they are in denial if either of them says otherwise.

RIP

scum

Was halfway through a post when my internet went down about an hour ago (which really pissed me off but I expect it on a Sunday these days tbh) and have lost the thread now but it seems to have degenerated into a slag-fest anyhow! Maybe some other time.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.