IPCC routinely suspend officers who shot the London terrorists.

Given this is standard procedure applied across the board rather than a punishment, I suspect it has zero impact on morale.

Quite.

That Telegraph article isn't even given a byline, and has these as the 2nd and 3rd sentences:
"Scotland Yard confirmed eight officers who opened fire on the three terrorists had been suspended as is routine in all police shootings.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission said it is looking at the circumstances of the incident but stressed that no individual police officers were under investigation."

Surely at the height of high terroist alert we need these special officers on the street and not off duty pending investigation?

You could also argue that these special officers need to be able to go on duty in the knowledge that if they discharge their weapon and kill somebody, that they will be given a bit of time to process the events afterwards and also that there will be a full investigation into the events which will ensure there are no question marks left hanging over whether they took the correct course of action. It means they can move forward knowing they have the full confidence of the force, their colleagues and the public.

It's rather ironic that in the days when police officers' jobs are fast disappearing we can suspend eight of the most highly trained! They'll be frightened to death of the lawyers. I'm surprised that someone hasn't come out, totally outraged, that the terrorists only had dummy bombs strapped to themselves and the force used was excessive.

Its a good thing and its disgusting the press are trying to turn it into a negative for outrage clickbait. Not only is it procedure but i'd imagine its to protect the officers mental wellbeing after a traumatic incident.

I wonder if these officers have nightmares about killing people, its ok saying well these deserved to die ,which they did, but for the person who actually pulls the trigger I wonder if it really gets to them.

its very rare our police shoot and kill people, and I think its a good thing these guys get suspended to make sure everything was in order and these officers are mentally ok.

brave as fuck when you think that these people had bombs as far as the officers could see strapped to them.

The eight policemen who shot the 3 terroists in London have been suspeded .it might be normal procedure after such an incident but it cant do much for police moral

They know it happens and is routine. It's a legal step that shows we follow a procedure based in law.

No cops morale is affected, it's routine.

They know it happens and is routine. It's a legal step that shows we follow a procedure based in law.

Well i know my moral would be erected if i got suspended for doing my job .there can be an enquiry sure there can ........

..m
L

.ll

..l

.l
L.l

L.

.l.l.
L..l
.l..l
.l
..l
Ll...
Ll.
.l

L.
.l
.l..
L
L.

.lml.l

.l

.l.l
L

.l
L.

L.l

L.lm.

M
.m

L

M

L.l
Mmm
L.l
.m

Lm
M

.m.

Mm
Mm
Mm

M
M

M

Mm
Mmmmmmm????m

?

??m.

Well i would hate to be suspended just for doing my job .why the need to humiliate and suspend them why not keep them working while they carry out enquirys .there is no suspision of wrong doing so why take any action and have the stress and strain that suspension will bring

I wonder if these officers have nightmares about killing people, its ok saying well these deserved to die ,which they did, but for the person who actually pulls the trigger I wonder if it really gets to them.

its very rare our police shoot and kill people, and I think its a good thing these guys get suspended to make sure everything was in order and these officers are mentally ok.

brave as fuck when you think that these people had bombs as far as the officers could see strapped to them.
I.dont see the need to humiliate and suspend them to see if there mental health is ok there are procedures to help people without having to suspend them .if anytjing suspending them will make them feel worse

Well i would hate to be suspended just for doing my job .why the need to humiliate and suspend them why not keep them working while they carry out enquirys .there is no suspision of wrong doing so why take any action and have the stress and strain that suspension will bring

There's no humiliation involved. It's just routine after every shooting. Have to make sure procedures are followed and importantly make sure the people involved are fit for a return to work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.