Ipod problem

johnmc

Ever since my dad put some new firewall on the pc i cant connect my ipod via the USB cable. It is still charging (although will never go to full) so there is no problem with the lead it just won't connect to itunes.

what is it?

Is it blocking all USB activity or just the Ipod through it?
Which firewall is it? they'll be a setting within it that'll either be blocking USB activity or itunes.exe file (or somin similar)

Not sure about all USB activity but it is still charging the ipod so it is not turned off if that would be possible.

How do i check the firewall to see what it is blocking? i can still access itunes though it is just my ipod doesnt show as connected

go to the control panel find your firewall (assuming you don't have two running) and then click on allow programs through Windows firewall, if it aint windows, check the firewall of any security programs you have on your comp.

I reckon it will be Norton, it blocks EVERYTHING! Go to Control Panel > Security Centre and click the arrow to the right of firewall. If it is Norton, you can chat online to an agent through MSN who will tell you what part of that software will be blocking this (http://www.symantec.com). It does the same with printers where you cannot install them when you are asked to plug the USB cable in.

The windows firewall will not cause such an issue in terms of connecting hardware.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.