iPod to car stereo

Glenn Ponder

Just wondering if anybody can help me out.
I've been trying to play my iPod nano through my car stereo (Citroen C4) with the USB cable but it's only playing the first album and nothing more. The stereo is recognising that the iPod's plugged in but I can't access the iPod's menu to change tracks/albums. I've had a search online and it seems that others have had this issue but I can't find a solution.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

Just wondering if anybody can help me out.
I've been trying to play my iPod nano through my car stereo (Citroen C4) with the USB cable but it's only playing the first album and nothing more. The stereo is recognising that the iPod's plugged in but I can't access the iPod's menu to change tracks/albums. I've had a search online and it seems that others have had this issue but I can't find a solution.
Any suggestions?

Cheers

When you say on-line searches have shown others have the same problem is that all with Citroen stereo's? Is the issue with the car stereo or the iPod do you think?

When you say on-line searches have shown others have the same problem is that all with Citroen stereo's? Is the issue with the car stereo or the iPod do you think?

No mention of the C4 specifically but most issues were with the DS3. The screen on the car stereo is showing an image of the iPod so it is connecting but the iPod's screen is black and states that the iPod is synced and can be disconnected.
The iPod has hundreds of albums on it and plays fine when not connected to the car.

Hmmm - if its something that lots of Citroen users report I'd strongly suspect the car stereo is at fault - tell you what pop on Peugeot forums - they are the "same" cars yeah? See if some Peugeot owners report the same problem - if so then its the PSA group stereo software thats your issue?

Hmmm - if its something that lots of Citroen users report I'd strongly suspect the car stereo is at fault - tell you what pop on Peugeot forums - they are the "same" cars yeah? See if some Peugeot owners report the same problem - if so then its the PSA group stereo software thats your issue?

I'll have a look, cheers.
It's strange because the album/track name appears on the stereo screen so it's definitely recognising the iPod. It's just that I can't change the album. Scrolling through the song list just takes me back to the first song.

I used to have a headphone jack to cassette tape lead back in the old low tech days for my first car, you could try finding something similar.

I used to have a headphone jack to cassette tape lead back in the old low tech days for my first car, you could try finding something similar.

In my first car - a 71 Avenger - I used to blutack a small transistor radio to the dashboard ( a tranny as we knew it then ) - having said that it was never state of the art
Both the car and the tranny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.