Ireland (Ken Egan) V UK (Tony Jeffries)

leighton

I cant wait for this fight in the Olympics Egan looks a classy boxer against Jeffries come forward style for a place in the Olympic final. Egan is the favourite for the win after beating Jeffries earlier in the year but with the UK having there best Olympics ever will they get another crack at a gold medal come Sunday or will the Irish get there first Gold medal since Michael Carruths gold medal in Barcelona all those years ago.

Ireland box as a whole nation in the olympics. Hence it would be GB, not the UK of GB and NI. That is why there is all the Team GB stuff and they are never refered to as the UK.

Irish boxing needs a boost after what the Pocket Rocket did few months back.

An Ireland v Borat final looks nailed with a GB v China fight for 3rd, which I imagine China will win.

There is another UK v Ireland fight and this 1 is the one to watch both fighters seem to hate one another and dont speak during the training and boxing events they have boxed against one another which is seldom seem in the amauters.

So Friday morning James DeGale will face Darren Sutherland and expect fireworks. Sutherland has impressed in his 2 fights so far he has shown his power and in todays fight he showed his boxing skills which won his fight. I did Sutherland to win the Gold medal before the Olympics started got odds of 16/1 so hopefully this will be a good bet for me. Sutherland will go pro after the games so I expect him to go all out in this fight on Friday.

leighton said:
There is another UK v Ireland fight and this 1 is the one to watch both fighters seem to hate one another and dont speak during the training and boxing events they have boxed against one another which is seldom seem in the amauters.

So Friday morning James DeGale will face Darren Sutherland and expect fireworks. Sutherland has impressed in his 2 fights so far he has shown his power and in todays fight he showed his boxing skills which won his fight. I did Sutherland to win the Gold medal before the Olympics started got odds of 16/1 so hopefully this will be a good bet for me. Sutherland will go pro after the games so I expect him to go all out in this fight on Friday.
Leighton I was very impressed by both Egan and Sutherland.
I think both will qualify for the final.
(btw, good luck with your bet: have you sign him fight before?)

Given Paddy Barnes is facing a Chinese opponent in his Semi-Final, I suspect he'll have to settle for bronze

The Oracle said:
leighton said:

Given Paddy Barnes is facing a Chinese opponent in his Semi-Final, I suspect he'll have to settle for bronze

Oracle I have seen Sutherland fight in the Nationals against I think a bloke by the name of O Neill a good fight either could of won it. He trains down the road from me in a gym in Santry and on the odd time I have seen him around that area. Seems to be a nice bloke lucky still to be fighting but I cant wait for him to turn pro.

As for Ken Egan one of my brothers lives a few doors away from his Mas house and all that area has been buzzing. Very slick boxer and has a great chance for the final.

Oracle whatever you do dont rule out Paddy Barnes he has been a joy to watch this kid is so confident in his ability and I think he could shock the Chinese lad in his next fight he will win a Gold medal in London if he doesn't get it this year. One of the only boxers at the games that will still go looking for points in the last round even if he is 6 points ahead on the cards a great little fighter. Yes it will be a hard fight but it is winnable for him. I won on Barnes had him to win a medal got him at 7/1 so he has done enough for me.

leighton said:
The Oracle said:
leighton said:

Oracle I have seen Sutherland fight in the Nationals against I think a bloke by the name of O Neill a good fight either could of won it. He trains down the road from me in a gym in Santry and on the odd time I have seen him around that area. Seems to be a nice bloke lucky still to be fighting but I cant wait for him to turn pro.

As for Ken Egan one of my brothers lives a few doors away from his Mas house and all that area has been buzzing. Very slick boxer and has a great chance for the final.

Oracle whatever you do dont rule out Paddy Barnes he has been a joy to watch this kid is so confident in his ability and I think he could shock the Chinese lad in his next fight he will win a Gold medal in London if he doesn't get it this year. One of the only boxers at the games that will still go looking for points in the last round even if he is 6 points ahead on the cards a great little fighter. Yes it will be a hard fight but it is winnable for him. I won on Barnes had him to win a medal got him at 7/1 so he has done enough for me.
I'll note what you say, leighton.
Although I think the Chinese boxer is very highly rated so its not just a question of 'hometown decision' that Paddy is up against.

Ken is very slick, indeed.
But Darren surprised me in the Q-F because of how controlled he was: from his previous display I thought he'd be going all out but he boxed clever!

btw, had you any money on Waterford last Sunday?
(or will you be putting any on Cork to beat Kerry: I wouldn't, if I were you!)

btw, had you any money on Waterford last Sunday?
(or will you be putting any on Cork to beat Kerry: I wouldn't, if I were you!)[/quote]

Oracle I am finished with the GAA for this year. After what happened last weekend with the Dubs getting battered by Tyrone I wont watch any more games untill the All Ireland finals.

Kerry and Cork will be a hard game to call. Cork now know they can beat them so a upset could well be on the cards again. After what Tyrone did to the Dubs I wouldn't rule them out for winning the All Ireland this year.

In the hurling Kilkenny are the team to beat they are outstanding but Waterford has been top class this year I just dont think they have enough to beat the Cats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.