Ireland (Ken Egan) V UK (Tony Jeffries)

Matty said:
Well, DeGale won fairly convincingly on points over Sutherland.

I havn't seen the fight yet but I heard Sutherlands interview and he wasn't too happy about the way the fight went. He was saying that Degale won the fight well but it wasn't the type of fight that he was expecting it to be. He couldn't get in on the inside so fair play to the lad I hope he gets the gold medal.
As for Sutherland I cant wait for him to go pro he has the ability to go far in the pro ranks and he will do well in a pro ring. His style is more for the pro than the amatur boxing and he will get his pick of some top gyms worldwide I hope he does well.

Well done to Ken Egan boxed great and has only conceded 7 points in total so far. If he wins the Gold he might get the boxer of tourment award as well. He will also more than likely turn pro and will be interesting to see how well he does.

As for Paddy it was a great learning experinece for him hopefully he returns for the London games and goes for Gold.

I had a few pints on me but that fight with Degale and the Cuban I thought Degale was lucky to win it. He was awarded 2 points for fuck all and was holding onto the Cuban a fair bit during the fight. I thought the Cuban was unlucky some shots he got in with didn't score which should have but fair play to lad. Expect him to be the new Amir Khan when Warren signs him up for the pros. Would love to see how well he does in the pros the same goes for Sutherland I would love to see them fight down the line in the pros.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.